Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SupercityGR

GRAM

11 posts in this topic

Walking down Monroe Center the gram doesnt offer any retail. They should move the gift shop and put in a real retail spot there. Get some foot traffic down monroe center again.

Walking down Monroe Center the gram doesnt offer any retail. They should move the gift shop and put in a real retail spot there. Get some foot traffic down monroe center again.

I believe that those decisions are made by the DDA. They will tell the Planning Commission what can and can't be located on Monroe Center.

maybe they could put an entrance to the street from the gift shop. it seems like it should be relatively easy since the gift shop has a lot of frontage.

Personally, I think the GRAM has a pretty nice retail presence.

I do agree that it'd be nice if they had a street entrance - if you don't know where you're going, it looks like you have to pay admission to get into the GRAM store.

Joe

Sure does need an entrance on Monroe Center.

gram1.jpg

Yaknow what would be awesomely awesome? If they added a cafe overlooking RPC and the ice rink, and some attractive sidewalk pavers...

img462.jpg

Yep, no retail presence here.

img461.jpg

Seriously, while taking these shots, a bench sitter and I exchanged ideas about the big square glass wall. She suggested taking a photo of "the red thing" and adding that to the translucency.

One thing about high-falutin' arky-techts: it sometimes seems as though they have never entered a building from the street, looked for a certain entrance, parked a bike, or walked between installations/facilities. (Love the rolling plastic sign.)

img463.jpg

ETA: night view.

IMG474.jpg

Edited by Veloise

^Bump

Willya look at this.

Used to be, someone on UP would get a good idea, add a post about it...and within a few days/week that concept would be adopted by the powers that be.

SupercityGR, it only took two months and a week. They might have started thinking about this on Sept. 5.

And I was not kidding about giving you some credit (holding the scissors).

Not gonna lie that it would be cool for me to cut the ribbon, but it isnt needed, Im just happy that its being done!

1 person likes this

Edit, never mind. I should have read the article better.

1 person likes this