prahaboheme

Orlando Skyhouse Apartments

Frustrating how lazy they are - and also telling that no one holds them accountable - does anyone even read it or care?

Anyway - got bored and did a little digging

post-23163-0-59012400-1420866559_thumb.j

post-23163-0-20778100-1420866571_thumb.j

post-23163-0-16461100-1420866581_thumb.j

post-23163-0-17305700-1420866590_thumb.j

• Like 2

So did this become another frat house? Looking around at apartment options in downtown after I leave 55 West, and I came across this:

http://www.apartmentratings.com/fl/orlando/skyhouse-orlando_9199332346275146785/

Nothing but complaints about crappy tenants, thin walls, etc. Which buildings AREN'T frat houses? good lord.

So did this become another frat house? Looking around at apartment options in downtown after I leave 55 West, and I came across this:

http://www.apartmentratings.com/fl/orlando/skyhouse-orlando_9199332346275146785/

Nothing but complaints about crappy tenants, thin walls, etc. Which buildings AREN'T frat houses? good lord.

Well, Lucerne Towers has it's issues but you can't hear anything because all the walls are concrete and the views are great. 

• Like 1

NORA in uptown might be worth a look.  That place was built well and I'd imagine they don't have the same noise issues, at least. 

We're getting off topic, but I don't understand how anyone can justify living uptown.  The prices are just as much as the CBD and the neighborhood isn't walkable yet. ... and probably will never be because there's never going to be a grocery store there.

• Like 1

I know some (older) young professionals that live in 510 E Central that can attest it stays pretty quiet.  Actually, they say the music playing at Lake Eola park can be more annoying than the neighbors if the windows are open.  I think the Sanctuary also has an older demographic.  Uptown will end up being a mix - the 2 cheaper condo conversions and Steel House are full of younger folks and I know they have a reputation for niose/parties.  I imagine NORA and the Sevens are hoping to be a bit more sophisticated

There's a new pizza place at the base of this building facing the courthouse.  Not sure if it's already been discussed.  But you can see the brick fire oven from the street.  It takes up a lot of space.  It's to the west of Subway.

• Like 1

I enjoyed "Your Pie" on a trip to Athens GA a few years back. Hopefully this location works to support them.

Welp.  Guess that's one I don't have to think about trying.  I did have numerous friends that raved about it.  Maybe it'll reappear in a more cost friendly location.

If the wedge project goes in and the new hotel in like 2 years that spot could work. Just need a landlord that understands its not ready to be successful and take less in the short term. Good luck with that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jrs2 said:

terrible thing.  I wonder how Subway's numbers are in comparison to, say, Wall Street.  

Subway is ridiculously busy there now. I went today and the line was out the door. The poor guys only had 2 people there on lunch rush and he said it has been packed every day like that since YourPie closed. I didn't think YourPie would last either. Too big of a space and they tried to be too upscale for the area/clientele. That space is mainly for courthouse traffic where people just want something fast and cheap. 

• Like 1

On 6/20/2018 at 7:11 PM, orlandoguy said:

Your Pie has left the building. Noticed today the windows are papered over.

That sucks. I enjoyed the time I went there while on jury duty.  Not a great location and parking was an issue.

Yeah, of the various make-your-own-pie chains, YP was my favorite. Sorry to see it go as now my closest pizza to the office is Fratelli’s.

So today I get a postcard announcing a Rukus cycling studio opening downtown on Magnolia between Livingston and Robinson. I'm guessing that's the backside of Skyhouse. It's always fun to create a Rukus (sp?)!

• Like 1