Today's Fed Move and Our Local Economy

spenser1058

It's always tricky in the midst of an election season, but I think that, regardless of the politics and who wins, that we are seeing the decisions made that, among the movers and shakers around the world, it's time to "get things moving again." The decision today by the Fed and the news from Europe (especially in the German courts this week supporting Chancellor Angela Merkel's plans to save the Euro) seem to indicate that the powers to be are ready to move forward in the coming months (the US markets certainly seem to think so.)

Of course, the news from the Middle East and the issues Congress must face once the election is over could still spiral out of control, but I am cautiously optimistic that our local economy could pick up even more steam in the next year. My crystal ball is often cloudy so alternative views are of course welcome.

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived