Rails to Trails

RestedTraveler

We hope that you will do your shopping at Whole Foods on Woodruff Road on Nov. 10. 5% of the proceeds from the day will be donated to the Recreation District for development of the new walking bike trail that will soon connect Travelers Rest with Lake Conestee Nature Park. Ty Houck will be on hand with trail maps and anxious to meet you and answer your questions. See you there!

http://greenvillerec.com/nov-10-greenville...-at-whole-foods

:thumbsup:

Edited by citylife

• 1 month later...

006-28.jpg

005-31.jpg

Nice photos, g-man! The area in these two photos has a really cool gazebo and park benches, etc. now...I saw it when we went to Greenville for Thanksgiving. It is looking very nice! I'm looking forward to one day seeing the finished product.

Edited by RestedTraveler

Yea, I know...I no longer live in Greenville, but...

I saw a link to this in Twitter the other day and thought, "Hey! This would be PERFECT in Greenville!!"

B-Cycle

Couldn't you just imagine picking up a bike out of one of these B-Cycle stations in Travelers Rest or on the Furman Campus and riding it into town and dropping it off on Main Street in Greenville? Perhaps grab one from a B-Cycle station on North Main and ride into the West End for a ballgame at Fluor Field? Or grab one from a B-Cycle station on Augusta Road and ride it into Downtown to the Bi-Lo Center or the Peace Center for a concert or play? You get the idea.

If you agree that this is something that you'd like to see in Greenville, then tell them you want it more and spread the word (via E-Mail, Facebook, Twitter, MySpace, your Blog, etc.) to your friends!

Edited by RestedTraveler

• 4 months later...

According to the developers, the trail will finally connect May 7 from downtown to BEAUTIFUL Travelers Rest. I biked the north end of the trail on Saturday from the North Greenville Hospital to the first bridge crossing. The majority of the bridge is up, with only a bit left to go. Lots of unpaved trail, but I know that they can move quickly on this.

I'll look for y'all out on the trail. I can't wait!

• 4 weeks later...

I rode the full length from Cleveland Park to the hospital in Travelers Rest. Although there is a small section* that won't be paved until next week, the overall experience was great! thumbsup.gif

The section that passed through the old Scott fertilizer plant will be paved once the demolition of the plant is complete.

I rode the full length from Cleveland Park to the hospital in Travelers Rest. Although there is a small section* that won't be paved until next week, the overall experience was great! thumbsup.gif

The section that passed through the old Scott fertilizer plant will be paved once the demolition of the plant is complete.

Are there plans for that site, or will it just be a part of the greenway?

• 5 months later...

The Swamp Rabbit Trail is trying to get a $250,000 grant for trail improvements. See the info below to help vote for the project.

"We made the cut, now we need your help to get them to cut a check. The Greenville Hospital System Swamp Rabbit Trail is in the running for $250,000 to improve the trail. This is what you need to do:

• Go to www.refresheverything.com/swamprabbit

• When you click “Vote for” it will either get you to log back-in or get you to do a couple steps to create a log-in

• If you have registered before it will take you back to our grant page and then you can click “Vote For” and it will say “Sweet” to show that you vote counted

• If this was your first time on the site, find our grant by typing “Swamp Rabbit” in the search box in the upper right corner of the page

VOTE EVERY DAY!!!, thanks! Let me know if you have trouble voting. There is also a way to vote from your phone.

As always thanks for the tremendous support for the GHS Swamp Rabbit. With your vote we could get some cash to make the GHS Swamp Rabbit even better."

post-7014-0-25861500-1289312225_thumb.jp

Edited by sc smitty

• 2 weeks later...

The new pedestrian bridge over the Reedy River adjacent to the Major Rudolf Anderson Memorial was finally installed today! This is a significant improvement to the trail.

The Greater Greenville Parks Foundation is seeking enough votes to win the Pepsi Refresh Project, which would provide a generous grant to help fund specific safety enhancements along the busy Swamp Rabbit Trail in Greenville County. Voting ends November 30.

For more information and to cast your vote, click below:

http://www.refresheverything.com/swamprabbit

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Today (Tuesday, March 22nd) is the last day to help Greenville County receive four separate grants for the Swamp Rabbit and other trails. You can read more about it here and view the four separate presentations here.

Please take a minute to go through these and send a confirmation email to the address provided. The County needs strong public support to secure these grants, so let’s overwhelm them with emails on the final day.

Edited by JCT