Yankee Fan

Former JA Building Renovation

244 posts in this topic

Has anyone heard anything on where this is at?

it's at the South East Corner of Division and Fulton...

..... :rolleyes::rofl: ..

wow, I need to go home... Actually I haven't hear much on this lately..

haha...I think you have watched the movie Airplane one time too many. :D

"I have a question"

"Ok, what is it?"

"Its an interoggative statement used to test one's knowledge. But that's not important right now."

haha...I think you have watched the movie Airplane one time too many. :D

I speak Jive =;-)

... oh, and no, I haven't heard about any devleopment plans for this in months.

I have very old memories of going to JA meetings in that building... hi ho, hi ho, it's off to take pics and blog I go.

The information to the JA (new building) or the JA itself?:

render.jpg

I was asking about the building project on Division. But, if you think that I could benefit from their services, then maybe I should get that information, too. :)

I was asking about the building project on Division. But, if you think that I could benefit from their services, then maybe I should get that information, too. :)

Yeah, we haven't heard much about the actual project around here as of late.... BUT if you find anything out, do share :)

This property is on the agenda for HPC next week. They want to build a 4 story addition.

It'd be nice if they put their packets online! (unless I'm missing something..)

This property is on the agenda for HPC next week. They want to build a 4 story addition.

I thought this was dead. Good news :good:

Brian Winkelmann got approval from the HPC on this addition. Looks like it's now to the Planning Commission for final approval. As mrknowitall pointed out, different color brick (could not find the buff) on the four story addition, a "cinnamon orange" color, with a stone line separating the two colors. Windows will be replaced on the lower section (don't know if they are keeping the block windows?).

In the Press today. Boardwalk also got approved for interior and rooftop patios, no exterior patios.

Brian Winkelmann got approval from the HPC on this addition. Looks like it's now to the Planning Commission for final approval. As mrknowitall pointed out, different color brick (could not find the buff) on the four story addition, a "cinnamon orange" color, with a stone line separating the two colors. Windows will be replaced on the lower section (don't know if they are keeping the block windows?).

In the Press today. Boardwalk also got approved for interior and rooftop patios, no exterior patios.

:good:

was any construction timeline for the JA building discussed?

Edited by jayblogger

Windows will be replaced on the lower section (don't know if they are keeping the block windows?).

The article says the block windows will be replaced with similar looking glass. Perhaps that means regular glass divided into square panes?

It also mentions that they hope to include a lettered sign on top as called for in the original plans. But, what would it say? I'm assuming it wouldn't say "DAVENPORT" as originally planned...

The article says the block windows will be replaced with similar looking glass. Perhaps that means regular glass divided into square panes?

I don't know if anyone is familiar with the type of glass that I have seen on several Michigan schools. It is a white, opaque glass with a grid system of metal strips built into it. Durring Ludington high school's renovation, this glass was used to replicate the look of that buildings original glass block windows. This may be the product of which they are thinking.

This is great news. I'm surprised they couldn't find the same color brick though.

I think the sign will be excellent if they follow the deco look of the Davenport sign in the rendering. As far as windows, i'm sure they will be somewhat typical. I don't know if the glass block was original or added as the neighborhood deteriorated...

Joe

It's good to see that they plan to do something with the rooftop. I am curious what, if any, streetscape renovations will be planned. It is great that they are going to complete this building, but that corner could use some "sprucing up."

I have very old memories of going to JA meetings in that building... hi ho, hi ho, it's off to take pics and blog I go.

It took a few days of hard work to get photos perfectly blurry of that building... I'm just kidding. It's easy to take blurry photos with the digital version of a LOMO ;)

I blogged a few pix+stories last night about the JA building. I hope the redev of the site creates new and better memories of that place.

Glass block on the existing building appears to be original.

The upper addition will also have glass block to mimic the original building. Although the original block is not available, a very close match has been selected.

As far as the sign, it was approved at HPC, although what the actual sign says is still up in the air, because it has been indicated that the building is being done speculatively.

The curve at the corner of the building will carry through all the way to the top.

It was also indicated that the building will have a green roof.

There's a drawing of this project in the Planning Commission agenda this week:

109020025_1c7f79bd5a_b.jpg

Name is 12 S. Division, and they're going for approval for a sign along the roofline.

Whats going to be going on on the first floor? Offices? Retail? Is there a tenant(s) already lined up for this one?

Overall it looks pretty good!

Edited by andy112129

Am I just not seeing the glass in this drawing (noted in a posting above)? I thought that there was going to be a continuation of the glass. Anyone want to correct me on this?