Former JA Building Renovation

Yankee Fan

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I understand the importance of the HPC and why it was created.  But there are times when it seems that it has more power than God. I've always considered this one of the examples where it's charter defies logic and can go to far.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...

As downtown keeps gaining momentum what are the chances we'll see the likes of Urban Outfitters and AA move in?  

I would think that downtown is within 5 years of that. Or somewhere near downtown. It would have to be in an area of a bunch of clustered new developments, sort of like the Gulch in Nashville. I bet we see an Orvis store downtown too as the river work begins. 

Don't be a smartass :P .    But since you asked,  you can find all that stuff in Louisville and Lexington. 

No intention to be   :), what happens elsewhere can be a good barometer as to what to expect locally.  GR isn't exactly a nationwide trendsetter so it's good having members that don't live here ... they tell us what they have that we don't.

No intention to be   :), what happens elsewhere can be a good barometer as to what to expect locally.  GR isn't exactly a nationwide trendsetter so it's good having members that don't live here ... they tell us what they have that we don't.

Ohhhhh I understand now.  I'd say GR is a split between Lexington and Louisville.  They never built any freeways through Lexington's core so it's downtown stayed in tact during the 50s and 60's.  It's core is quite impressive for it's size, and I'd say a hair more healthy than GR.   It has the advantage of being a college town so It's retail options downtown are pretty good.   Louisville looks and feels bigger than GR but the renaissance in it's core is still a few years behind it, however it has some pretty trendy neighborhoods where that kind of retail stayed in tact as well.   

I feel like GR could have a very good retail corridor downtown.  Fulton and Division for all intents and purposes has been overhauled and is prime for that kind of atmosphere.  The trendy feel and draw to the city center keeps expanding out.  I think the biggest draw back for big national retailers remains proximity of residents (which improves daily)  and the amount of shelters and missions that are just down Division, on what could be a perfect retail corridor otherwise.  

• 1 month later...

Archived