Former JA Building Renovation

Yankee Fan

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

After a long hiatus, work has commenced again on the JA building. It looks like they are finally going to rebrick the East side:

320705583_f671a39c51_b.jpg

320705600_f0b1e2059b_b.jpg

Hopefully it will look as nice as the job the company did on the North side of Weston Apartments replacing that wall (the one near the old city center ramp).

Is that your Mini Jeff? :D

I'm still bummed that they will not be adding floors. Thought that was an awesome design.

Yeah right. Although I wouldn't mind having a mini. :D

I too wish they were adding the additional floors. But it will be nice having that wall back on again. I mean, people might get the wrong impression of downtown. :sick:

• 2 weeks later...

I'd imagine it was made blank with the hopes of infill next door. May not be any plans for infill yet, but come on.. the JA is only 2 stories. Anything that gets built next door will definately cover the whole wall.

I heard from a reliable source that Tol is simply dressing up the exterior in hopes of selling.

Good. Maybe someone that doesn't just produce vaportechture will buy it and do something with it. I still hope someone adds more height to the building and brings it closer to its original design.

Joe

I heard from a reliable source that Tol is simply dressing up the exterior in hopes of selling.

• 1 month later...

I must say I do like that building.

I love it! It reminds me of the Starret-Lehigh Building in NYC. I'm guessing that's where they got a lot of their inspiration. The website actually says it's "International Style", but it looks art deco to me (of course I'm not an expert). Plus, it matches the style of the JA Bldg almost perfectly.

Pict0321.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

A foot of snow maybe? ;) If you look closely, the art deco details on this building are fabulous. Whatever happens to the JA building, I hope they take a page from what is already there and make it better.

Joe

Lose that blank wall, and maybe.. although I think we could do better. I love art deco, but that just seems to be lacking something, I don't know what.

Archived