Nashville food and beverage scene

smeagolsfree

I always did kind of feel that in the midst of the "it city" hysteria the Nashville restaurant scene was getting a bit overpopulated.  It's probably normal to see things kind of settle back down to a comfortable median after such a mad dash.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
24 minutes ago, MagicPotato said:

https://www.yelp.com/biz/hoang-tofu-nashville-2

Yall need to check this place out. If you guys haven't tried authentic Vietnamese food it's pretty good.

Weird, I passed by this place earlier and was wondering why I had never heard of it. I’ve met quite a few Vietnamese people that live in that area, from White Bridge down to Hillwood/Annex on Charlotte. 

12 hours ago, Pdt2f said:

Weird, I passed by this place earlier and was wondering why I had never heard of it. I’ve met quite a few Vietnamese people that live in that area, from White Bridge down to Hillwood/Annex on Charlotte. 

The vietnamese sandwiches are pretty good. You should it out. It's like buy 4 and get one free or something.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MagicPotato said:

https://www.yelp.com/biz/royal-boba-nashville?osq=boba+tea

A new boba tea shop in Nashville! 

Dude it’s seriously like you’re my Tyler Durden unconscious alter-ego or something. Someone was just telling me about this place last week. I don’t think I had ever heard of Boba or bubble tea before. 

• Haha 2

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, markhollin said:

The Logan's Roadhouse on Elliston Place is shutting its doors, only to reopen a few months from now as the newest location of Martin's Bar-B-Que Joint.

Gosh, I'd forgotten there was a Logan's Roadhouse on Elliston. Maybe that was part of its problem.

The Logans location in Chattanooga on Gunbarrel just closed too. Maybe it's a corporate issue.

I don't recall ever going ... come to think of it, I think I went to that one on Elliston years ago... there was a outdoor patio/firepit. But other than that, not a thing.

2 hours ago, markhollin said:

The Logan's Roadhouse on Elliston Place is shutting its doors, only to reopen a few months from now as the newest location of Martin's Bar-B-Que Joint.

More behind the NBJ paywall here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2018/06/20/exclusive-noted-nashville-barbecuepitmaster-taking.html

Ugh... well, the restaurant going in is a vast upgrade, but I was really hoping that whenever Logan's moved out that ridiculously suburban building would be leveled.  Oh well.  Guess there are worse things than one of the world's best BBQ joints moving into the neighborhood.

I did not major in Marketing in B school... but I'd say that would be a problem. Word of mouth is powerful. And tourists have "big" mouths. Nashvillians may know/love "the original". But as soon as the NY Times et. al. get ahold of the downtown location (because they almost never veer off the same old paths), then the reputation gets out... for good or bad. I have never had Martins, but already I'm wondering. 

Edited by MLBrumby

2 hours ago, BnaBreaker said:

I've never been... I'm just going based on all the hype I hear... which I'm definitely not helping with. haha

I like Martin's over the others. They have dry rub ribs like you find in Memphis / West Tennessee. The pulled pork is pulled, not shredded. **I normally eat at the Nolensville (original) location

Everyone has their own personal likes. 

• Like 2