Nashville food and beverage scene

smeagolsfree

• 1 month later...

2 hours ago, MLBrumby said:

I have a client meeting in a few weeks around Berry Hill. Has anyone eaten at this place? I think it's called Brothers' Burger... https://www.newschannel5.com/news/on-the-rise/the-burger-scene-is-booming

I had dinner there a few months after it opened and enjoyed it.  The staff was friendly and there was a surprisingly nice vibe.  I say surprisingly because it felt a bit like a lakeside cabin next to Bransford Avenue.  For me, it worked.

I highly recommend The Nashville Jam Company in Berry Hill.  A house with small-ish rooms, picnic-style tablecloths, great food.

• Thanks 1

On 9/12/2018 at 6:27 PM, MLBrumby said:

I have a client meeting in a few weeks around Berry Hill. Has anyone eaten at this place? I think it's called Brothers' Burger... https://www.newschannel5.com/news/on-the-rise/the-burger-scene-is-booming

I have been wanting to stop by as my cousin knows the owner. The food looks really good from the photos I have seen. I just can't get myself to go there during lunch and spend roughly $15 for a burger. I love M.L. Rose. Thewhipwacker is a great drink, but hard to screw up an alcoholic milkshake.  There is always the Hattie B's near there as well. That seems to be a go to for people visiting Nashville.

• Thanks 1

• 4 months later...
19 hours ago, e-dub said:

For those that have been here longer than I have: do any of you guys know why west Charlotte has been where the Vietnamese restaurants settled? 

I've noticed that too and have no explanation other than there must be a population of Vietnamese in the area. There is a Vietnamese Buddhist Temple at Charlotte Pike and Summerly Drive.

47054363791_4de0b5d2db.jpg

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

^

Ah, that's too bad, but good for them! I asked my now-wife to be my girlfriend while sitting at a table there. Then, some incredibly kind mystery couple paid for our meal!

We just booked a table for next week so we can try it one last time.

• Like 3

I am a sucker for those click bait "best in state"  slide shows;  recently I viewed one for best pizza in every state.  The best pizza in Tennessee per this episode was out in the hinterlands of the MSA:  Skyking Pizza in Kingston Springs.  I had the opportunity to go sample last week.

I discovered that Kingston Springs is no longer your tragenvol's Kingston Springs (I did stomp around out there a bit when previously on that side of Davidson County).

Maybe not the best pizza in Tennessee, but it was very good. 

Ever grab a Margherita pizza with a Sweetwater IPA draft there PHofKS?  If not, I recommend.

Edited by tragenvol
  • Like 2

Just now, bnacincy said:

OK....so I just read on the Tennessean Front Page that Prince's is coming to downtown but I'm not subscribed so I can't get past the paywall.

Anyone have any more info? Mr Hollin-Mr. Smeagols-anyone?

Part of the 5th and Broadway foodhall.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, bnacincy said:

OK....so I just read on the Tennessean Front Page that Prince's is coming to downtown but I'm not subscribed so I can't get past the paywall.

Anyone have any more info? Mr Hollin-Mr. Smeagols-anyone?

Joining Prince’s at the 100,000-square-foot, multi-level food hall will be The Pharmacy Burger, Von Elrod’s and The Donut + Dog. Going to the food hall at 5th + Broad.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.ajc.com/lifestyles/robert-deniro-visits-atlanta-for-nobu-groundbreaking-phipps-plaza/FamiRgA0VxWdkQ7W2yGvPK/amp.html

In this article about a new Nobu restaurant opening in Atlanta, it mentions Nashville as a desired location for a Nobu restaurant in the future in an interview with DeNiro himself. If this actually comes to fruition Nashville will be in another league in terms of dining options lmao.

Geez in the past couple of weeks it seems like Nashville has really stepped up its luxury game XD. Four Seasons, W, Waldorf Astoria/Conrad, potential Nobu... what’s next caviar dispenseries lol.

• Like 2