Nashville food and beverage scene

smeagolsfree

That will be a fantastic feather in Nashville's culinary cap.  I don't know if her Nashville restaurant will be anything like her restaurant in Chicago, Vermillion, but if it is, you're looking at some fantastic contemporary French/Indian fusion. 

• 1 month later...

The Gulch getting Burger Republic's second location, in Pine Street Flats. If they were open at 10am on Saturday's I would vote to move our meetings there, BR is, IMO, one of the best burgers in Nashville.

http://nashvillepost.com/news/2013/5/20/burger_republic_to_open_in_gulch

Or...we could just move the meet up to noon or so. :thumbsup:

Agreed. When I at at BR, I was impressed. I'm not the type that likes to spend $10 or more on a burger...but those are mighty tasty. Oh, and I like their beer selection. I would think it would do very well in The Gulch.

• 1 month later...

Or...we could just move the meet up to noon or so. :thumbsup:

Agreed. When I at at BR, I was impressed. I'm not the type that likes to spend $10 or more on a burger...but those are mighty tasty. Oh, and I like their beer selection. I would think it would do very well in The Gulch

Yeah, maybe we could do Burger Republic one time.  Because if we did it at Pharmacy, we would have the entire meeting standing in line on McFerrin Street waiting to get in.  I seriously don't think that any burger on earth is worth that kind of wait.  But at least I could slip next door to Holland House for a fancy Gin beverage :)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

FWIW, in the last 2 days I've tried Peg Leg Porker, and Two Boots Pizza.  I can recommend both as fun and casual with decent food which can only improve as these places work out the "new".

Peg Leg is def an improvement on the BBQ scene in the downtown area, the addition of Martin's over near Belmont will be nice as well. I still need to get over and try Two Boots...

New pizza place in midtown. NYC style pizza with a Cajun twist.

Looks pretty cool

http://nashvilleguru.com/12737/a-look-inside-two-boots-nashville#anchor

I ate there the other day and I thought it was pretty good.  I like the style and decor of the restaurant.  I think it fits in well along that corridor.  As I was leaving Miranda Lambert and Blake Shelton were coming in.

Heres a link to the 24h diner http://www.citycafemenu.com/

That menu is gargantuan!  It looks great though!  I love classic, high quality, Greek-American diners.  I think it'll do great down there.  Every proper nightlife district needs a solid 24 hour diner, in my humble opinion.  Area dry cleaning businesses will also thrive as a result!  haha :)

Edited by BnaBreaker
  • Like 2

Yay! It's like someone finally listened to me about bringing a 24hr diner to downtown. They should make a killing.

Yeah , this is what keeps downtown even more vibrant 24 restaurants ! You can eat when ever, !! Great for hotel guests in the city , night life crowd, and all so downtown residents!

That was a goal of a few of the mayors we've had was to make nashville 24 hour city , that would bring 24 $$$ to the city!!!

• Like 1

Yay! It's like someone finally listened to me about bringing a 24hr diner to downtown. They should make a killing. 

Yeah, they should make a killing. If they keep their prices around what they are in Chattanooga, they should stay busy pretty much all the time.

• Like 1

Don't think anyone has posted this info.  From the Tennessean, more about Chris Hyndman's new Tex-Mex restaurant in the Gulch, Saint Anejo:  www.tennessean.com/article/20130806/LIFE02/308060107/New-cantina-style-Mexican-restaurant-Saint-Anejo-open-Gulch-fall?nclick_check=1

Location on 1120 McGavock Street (M Street)...   maps.google.com/maps/myplaces?ll=36.155932,-86.786098&spn=0.000671,0.001032&gl=us&ctz=240&t=h&z=21

Edited by MLBrumby