Nashville food and beverage scene

smeagolsfree

Nice little write up on the Nashville food scene in the Washington Post

http://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/blog/2014/05/washington-post-highlights-nashville-restaurants.html

from the article:

"GQ got it right when it declared Nashville 'Nowville' two years ago," Sietsema wrote, following his 48-hour tour of the city. "No other Southern city of my acquaintance claims quite the heady mix of artists, designers and fashion-forward restaurants as the home of the Grand Ole Opry."

As the piece notes, Urban Stack is a burger joint started here in Chatty... and one of my favorites for lunch.  Close to the Choo Choo, it's also fairly convenient to my office. I'd swear they'd put a kitchen sink on your burger if that's what you want.  Didn't realize you guys had a Taco Mamacita also. I like the food and usually quite crowded (it's not always consistent though).  How well has that been received in East Nashville? 

As the piece notes, Urban Stack is a burger joint started here in Chatty... and one of my favorites for lunch.  Close to the Choo Choo, it's also fairly convenient to my office. I'd swear they'd put a kitchen sink on your burger if that's what you want.  Didn't realize you guys had a Taco Mamacita also. I like the food and usually quite crowded (it's not always consistent though).  How well has that been received in East Nashville? 

Taco Mamacita is not in East Nashville - it's up on Edgehill, near 16th ave N, I believe.  Very busy all the time.  Impossible to get a seat on the weekends, owing to it's location near Vanderbilt.

• Like 1

Ive been going to punk/hardcore shows at The End since the late 90's, I would stand in front of that bulldozer should the time ever come.

Right on.  My Dad took me to the closing of Lucy's Record shop in '97 (?).

Used to go to Next Gen back in the day off of Old Hickory.  Spent a lot of time at The Muse before it closed down.

Edited by grilled_cheese

You and I very well may know one another then because I spent many nights in the same places.

Unfortunately, I doubt it.  You seem a few years older than me and I believe we grew on on opposite ends of Nashville.  I also didn't mingle too far outside of my circle of friends that went to these places.

Right on. My Dad took me to the closing of Lucy's Record shop in '97 (?).

Used to go to Next Gen back in the day off of Old Hickory. Spent a lot of time at The Muse before it closed down.

Loved Lucy's! Mary, the owner, is running for state senate: http://www.maryforsenate.com Edited by Bezoar
  • Like 2

Jeni's Splendid Ice Creams has a newspaper ad listing their address as 407 Houston Street. Are they opening a third store there in Wedgewood Houston?

The ad is in the Music City News, a newspaper that is now being published by the East Nashville Homeschool Students association.

Right on.  My Dad took me to the closing of Lucy's Record shop in '97 (?).

Used to go to Next Gen back in the day off of Old Hickory.  Spent a lot of time at The Muse before it closed down.

I went to Lucy's a few time my junior and senior years of high school, that would have been starting summer 98 to sometime in 99.  so it was still open then

Church/Elliston certainly has plenty of potentional...curious to see what happens over there during the next 10years

With the amount of development planned on Church over the next couple of years, there's good potential to have a very walkable nighttime destination area from Elliston all the way down to the Play/Tribe area.

If metro, or the new developers of the performance studios building can find a way to make the viaduct more walkable/bike-friendly (maybe by adding a portion to the side of the existing structure) the entire route between downtown and Centennial Park becomes connected...

If metro, or the new developers of the performance studios building can find a way to make the viaduct more walkable/bike-friendly (maybe by adding a portion to the side of the existing structure) the entire route between downtown and Centennial Park becomes connected...

Additionally, would be nice if there was a side street ramp or something that took you down to the Gulch from this part of Church.  

• Like 2

2 restaurants slated for the Moore Building on Church!  

http://nashville.eater.com/archives/2014/05/15/chattanoogas-urban-stack-milk-and-honey-are-coming-to-midtown.php

Super happy that this building will be utilized!

You just broke the news on here. I do not think any media has picked up on this. There is a lot more needed on this stretch of Church, with several large buildings empty or under utilized. A welcome addition for sure.