Nashville food and beverage scene

smeagolsfree

Yes, it closed several weeks ago. I think it is being retooled for a new concept.

Started writing and got distracted...by the time I finished e-dub was all over it. 

So, what he said ^^ ; )

Edited by Guest

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know if there is a decent asian hot pot place in Nashville? 

Hot pot being where you order all kinds of ingredients - meats, noodles, vegetables, etc. (and usually all you can eat) and a burner and broth is brought to your table and you cook the contents yourself.

Does anyone know if there is a decent asian hot pot place in Nashville? 

Hot pot being where you order all kinds of ingredients - meats, noodles, vegetables, etc. (and usually all you can eat) and a burner and broth is brought to your table and you cook the contents yourself.

I think you can at Ichiban on 2nd Avenue or at least I believe I recall seeing them served there. You may want to call and ask them. 

Hot Pot is really a Chinese dish, so I'd limit my search to those restaurants.  Surely there is ONE around that offers it.  My parents live in South Bend, Indiana and so I visit there often, and they have at least two Chinese restaurants that have it.

You might also check out any one of Arnold Mynt's restaurants, more specifically PM, and Suzy Wong's House of Yum. 

Another thing:

I'm looking for some ideas on a decent place to grab dinner with about 8-10 people, a number of us being brand new to living in nashville. We're trying to do an early dinner on the 1st of January, as we have an early morning commitment on the 2nd. I'm hoping to find somewhere affordable (I don't know what everyone's financial situation is so I want to err on the side of caution) and fairly casual that's either in a neat part of town or a restaurant that is unique to Nashville. 

Thanks ahead!

Edited by Beat02

i like their brunch, i've never eaten there outside of those hours. i hear they make a mean burger, though, and there's house music upstairs on most weekends if you're into that sort of thing :D

eric b

lol.

The more I look into it, the more I think Mad Donna's isn't ideal. I'm making this all harder than it should be. I need to decide on something simple like TGI Fridays. 

Monell's, is this in Germantown?

lol.

The more I look into it, the more I think Mad Donna's isn't ideal. I'm making this all harder than it should be. I need to decide on something simple like TGI Fridays. 

Monell's, is this in Germantown?

Yeah, it's in a beautiful old house in Germantown, super unique to Nashville in that both the seating and the portions are family style (long communal tables and large dishes that you pass around), and the food is classic southern comfort food, albeit of the highest quality. 

• Like 1

Yeah, it's in a beautiful old house in Germantown, super unique to Nashville in that both the seating and the portions are family style (long communal tables and large dishes that you pass around), and the food is classic southern comfort food, albeit of the highest quality. 

That sounds great. I'd assume if it's in a house, there's probably a reservation system in order to get seating for 6-10 people?

i like their brunch, i've never eaten there outside of those hours. i hear they make a mean burger, though, and there's house music upstairs on most weekends if you're into that sort of thing :D

eric b

Mad Donna's is also known for their Mac and Cheese.  But the 2-for-1 mimosas at brunch make that perfect.   I have eaten dinner there once, but I have mostly eaten there at lunchtime or brunch as well.

For a while, Mad Donna's had live music and entertainment of various sorts pretty much every night.  They had Drag Queen Bingo on Tuesday nights (originally with the late Bianca Page) and singer-songwriter stuff on some nights.  I went there one night to see Kenny Vaughn from The Fabulous Superlatives.  They even had Salsa dancing lessons for a while on some nights.  I'm not sure what their live music schedule is like, but it might be on their Facebook page.

Keep in mind that the live music is upstairs in the lounge in the evenings, so it stays relatively quiet downstairs no matter what is going on upstairs.

• Like 1