Nashville food and beverage scene

smeagolsfree

• 2 weeks later...

7 hours ago, HellyBrown said:

Great variants! But what is about caviar? Do they have it? The thing is that my favorite meal is red kosher caviar that is not in every restaurant. And I'll be happy to know, if it is anywhere here. And enjoy it, if I can.

If you are just wanting to purchase, you might try Aleksey's Market (Russian) on Thompson Lane and possibly K&S. But those are just guesses. As for restaurants, I know you can find it at several restaurants, mostly as part of an entrée or main dish. Good luck 

• Like 1

Per the list above, I havent been to many of the restaurants on there, but went to Milk and Honey over the holidays and really enjoyed the giant chicken biscuit they have there.   Everybody in our group really enjoyed their food and the atmosphere.  This place isn't on that list, but I was very impressed with Makeready L&L in the Noelle Hotel.  If you like Red Snapper, they serve up an excellent lunch portion for $15.    

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

This one hurts me personally as I stumbled on Rotiers back when I was at VU. I actually got to know the late John Rotier Jr. and his wife Camille. They were two of the kindest, loveliest people I've ever known.  Sweet people! Mrs. Rotier, John Jr.'s mother was a  character too, a bit of a sourpuss but obviously the one who ran the show. That place was always packed before b'ball games and customers paid homage to Mrs. Rotier as they walked through the front door. That bar was right in front of the door and she eyeballed everyone who came inside.  Anyway, it will be missed by more than me. 

I suspected this would be the next shoe to drop after Tomlin bought the old Firestone building. 

Rotier's is closing after 75 years. From the Tennessean... https://www.tennessean.com/story/entertainment/dining/2021/02/05/rotiers-close-nashville-after-nearly-75-years-cheeseburgers/5864885002/

• Like 1
  • Sad 6

• 3 weeks later...

Ordinarily, an announcement of this 'magnitude' would rank front page news in Hooterville (and maybe even Chattanooga), but since you guys are big time, I humbly post this 'big' news that everyone already knew. 

From the Tennessean. 

Whataburger fans have cause for celebration: the popular Texas-based chain on Wednesday announced plans to open a Nashville-area location this fall.

The new restaurant at 5055 Old Hickory Boulevard in Hermitage will be the chain's first restaurant in the Nashville area since the 1970s. And Whataburger's return to Music City doesn't stop there — the company plans to open additional locations in 2022.

Though the exact opening date for its Hermitage restaurant has yet to be announced, Whataburger will hire more than 200 Nashville-area employees this year, the company stated in a news release.

The hiring process already started for management positions, and hiring for team leaders and team members should begin this summer.

Whataburger plans to hire 1,300 employees in the area by the end of 2022, according to the release. The company did not say how many locations it plans to open in the Nashville area during the next two years. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, bnacincy said:

Oh happy hamburger day!!

On a more serious note I remember eating at a Whataburger in Memphis by the airport in the early 90's when I lived there-wonder why they didn't make it in Tennessee before?

Wrong place at the wrong time perhaps?

Whataburger used to be in Nashville.  As donNdonelson2 posted back in November when this was first announced, here's the former 1970s Whataburger near RiverGate (now a florist):

8F563FDA-CD42-4C20-9682-577D615C364A.jpeg

Edited by jmtunafish
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1