Nashville food and beverage scene

smeagolsfree

I honestly don’t get the hype around what a burger as I had one in the panhandle and it was maybe better than Burger King at best. 

This is still good news for Nashville though. I’m hoping Nashville can get a halal guys because here in Miami area there are several that are super good.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Binbin98 said:

I honestly don’t get the hype around what a burger as I had one in the panhandle and it was maybe better than Burger King at best. 

Right, it’s just a burger. I’ve eaten there many times , on the road as a professional driver. It’s good , but not spectacular. It’s like Chick-fil- a , I can’t understand what all the hype is about. It’s just chicken, bland as heck chicken!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, samsonh said:

Yeah, I went a few times. It was good, but not all that different from generic gyro place. Didn't understand all the hype. 

I thought it was a step above the usual gyro stops, but not good enough for me to drive a half hour each way to get. Their hot sauce was ridiculous. So spicy.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a question for locals: I know the South Street Restaurant has been closed for a while now but has any other restaurant filled that spot?

If not I was thinking perhaps that would be a good place to which Rotiers could relocate-in addition to the old Gold Rush location on Elliston Place.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, MagicPotato said:

The Chinese restaurant, Golden Coast turned into an all you can eat hotpot/Japanese BBQ place.  I went there this pass weekend and the food was pretty good. 

https://www.yelp.com/biz/shabu-shabu-nashville

A number of years ago while on a work trip to Tokyo, a group of us were taken for Shabu-shabu by our local hosts. They referred to it as “eating like the sumo wrestlers.” We were there for four hours eating and DRINKING. There was lots of drinking involved in our celebratory evening! I look forward to trying this new place. (No drinking for me this time.)

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Jamie Hall said:

Is it wrong that I've been really looking forward to this?

Me and some friends decided to bite the bullet and go to one that recently opened a few blocks from me... it was 'only' about 10PM on a Saturday night, and I don't think my brain could process what was happening.  "Wait... drinks... AT Taco Bell?  At a semi reasonable hour?  And you're sober?  NO RYAN, TACO BELL IS ONLY FOR WHEN YOU'RE ALREADY DRUNK AND IT'S 4AM... STOP THIS MADNESS."  

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

• 1 month later...
On 4/7/2021 at 5:17 PM, BnaBreaker said:

Me and some friends decided to bite the bullet and go to one that recently opened a few blocks from me... it was 'only' about 10PM on a Saturday night, and I don't think my brain could process what was happening.  "Wait... drinks... AT Taco Bell?  At a semi reasonable hour?  And you're sober?  NO RYAN, TACO BELL IS ONLY FOR WHEN YOU'RE ALREADY DRUNK AND IT'S 4AM... STOP THIS MADNESS."  

I bet eating Taco Bell and also drinking there makes for an interesting 3am wakeup call.

spacer.png

• Haha 4

6 hours ago, Flatrock said:

A friend was there last night.  Roast beef, mashed potatoes, green beans and a beer.  That's how a meat-and-three is done!

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

Athens Restaurant will now move full-time into the building at 2017 Belmont Blvd that has previously been home to PM Restaurant over the past 18 years.  The Myint family, which owns the building and PM, had previously offered for Athens to operate there for breakfast hours, but has now decided to lease it out to them permanently.  This will allow the Myints to concentrate fully on the reopening of their International Market reboot (IM2) which is nearing completion at the former 'blvd Nashville' restaurant site two doors down at 2013 Belmont Blvd.

More at The Tennessean here:

https://www.tennessean.com/story/money/2021/06/07/pm-sushi-thai-nashville-closes-athens-family-restaurant-moves-in/7590992002/

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Huey Magoos, a Florida-based fast-casual restaurant chain, is bringing 20 franchised outlets to the Nashville area. No word on franchise holders, locations, or opening dates.

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/retail/nashville-slated-for-regional-chicken-tenders-chain/article_3dac0098-cecb-11eb-8587-2f509ae9eff7.html

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...