Nashville food and beverage scene

smeagolsfree

On 6/27/2021 at 7:48 PM, Mr_Bond said:

I've eaten at the one in Biloxi at Edgewater Mall.  How does Raising Cane's compare to Magoos and a McDougal's?

I never had Magoos or McDougals, but the value at Raising Cane's is good for what you pay for. The chicken may not be the best in town, but still fairly decent. It's the combination of the sauce, the Texas toast (aka garlic bread), and the chicken is what makes it great. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• 4 weeks later...

I don't know if this is the proper thread for this...but...

My mom is searching for a place to celebrate her sister's 60th birthday. She's looking for places that have either private rooms or party rooms that wouldn't be too pricey.

What she's looking for needs:

-to accommodate ~15 people in a single seating area (separate room with multiple tables should be OK)

-not too pricey ($10-19 entrees preferable)

-in Davidson County, but probably not "in town" (this crowd will complain about parking...)

-Needed for next Saturday (8/7), so not places that require booking far in advance.

Any helpful leads will be greatly appreciated.

31 minutes ago, UTgrad09 said:

I don't know if this is the proper thread for this...but...

My mom is searching for a place to celebrate her sister's 60th birthday. She's looking for places that have either private rooms or party rooms that wouldn't be too pricey.

What she's looking for needs:

-to accommodate ~15 people in a single seating area (separate room with multiple tables should be OK)

-not too pricey ($10-19 entrees preferable)

-in Davidson County, but probably not "in town" (this crowd will complain about parking...)

-Needed for next Saturday (8/7), so not places that require booking far in advance.

Any helpful leads will be greatly appreciated.

I remember that Dalts on White Bridge has a separate room. Looked at their website, it’s a minimum order of $300, so  $20/person at 15 people. Plenty of parking. Don’t know how far in advance it needs to be booked. 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I have been wondering why two new, apparently finished, restaurants in 12South are slow walking getting opened. Staffing is certainly one issue, but it also has to do with computer chips. The same lack of computer chips that is affecting the auto industry is hitting new restaurants. Restaurants use point of service computers to enter the orders and getting these computers is pretty difficult right now. Many established restaurants are also adding order kiosks also exacerbating the problem. 

Edited by Nash_12South
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Chicago-based Molly’s Cupcakes is prepared to established a major presence in Nashville.

The parent company of the small retail chain has landed a permit  for the rehabbing of interior space of a building located at 1619 Elm Hill Pike. That facility will serve as the baking headquarters that will service three local Molly’s Cupcakes locations: at Opry Mills, and two as-yet-announced locations. Opening dates have not been announced.

The permit is valued at $240,000, with TNG Contractors to oversee the work, with Studio-Silver the architect.

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/chicago-cupcake-chain-preps-nashville-operations/article_95025fb2-0112-11ec-acac-7fedb754e7ef.html

Screen Shot 2021-08-19 at 1.18.25 PM.png

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, markhollin said:

Chicago-based Molly’s Cupcakes is prepared to established a major presence in Nashville.

The parent company of the small retail chain has landed a permit  for the rehabbing of interior space of a building located at 1619 Elm Hill Pike. That facility will serve as the baking headquarters that will service three local Molly’s Cupcakes locations: at Opry Mills, and two as-yet-announced locations. Opening dates have not been announced.

The permit is valued at $240,000, with TNG Contractors to oversee the work, with Studio-Silver the architect.

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/chicago-cupcake-chain-preps-nashville-operations/article_95025fb2-0112-11ec-acac-7fedb754e7ef.html

Screen Shot 2021-08-19 at 1.18.25 PM.png

There is a permit in the works at the Mall at Green Hills for another location. I've noticed.

• Like 4

Here's a question for this thread,  anyone know what is being worked on in the former Taco Mamacita space in Edgehill Village? I peaked in the windows and the new restaurant is well along the way, the space has been reconfigured a bit,  the new, larger bar has a lot of new tile work done already  and there were new light fixtures installed (Will take some photos next time).   

I can't seem to find any permits related to this work.  Anyone know anything?  

• Thanks 1