Nashville food and beverage scene

smeagolsfree

• 2 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Bad Ass Coffee of Hawaii will open 12 franchises in the Nashville area  to be developed by Rothwell Development of Hendersonville. 

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/retail/hawaii-coffee-chain-preps-nashville-presence/article_ece26312-334e-11ec-872f-e73a5da8c03f.html

• 2 weeks later...

I read that the Flying Saucer is closing...oh the times.  Many years ago it was the best for pregaming Preds and with validated parking!  Then just a quick walk up Demonbruen to Bridgestone.  Its closing got me thinking about the Beer Sellar; a quick search tuned back a Permanently Closed status.  Does anyone know if it was a leasing casualty from the Second Avenue destruction as was The Spaghetti Factory?  Lots of memories from those establishments, and their loss only seems to continue the realization of my mortality.

Edited by tragenvol
  • Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, MagicPotato said:

Whataburger’s grand opening is Wednesday in Hermitage, if anyones curious.

I've got to say it:  Whataburger is the single most overrated hamburger joint in the history of overrated hamburger joints.  I just don't understand the hype.  It's like Sonic but with indoor seating.  Why is there such a cult following?  Is it because it's from Texas?  Because it can't be because the food is so much better than any other fast food hamburger joint.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, jmtunafish said:

I've got to say it:  Whataburger is the single most overrated hamburger joint in the history of overrated hamburger joints.  I just don't understand the hype.  It's like Sonic but with indoor seating.  Why is there such a cult following?  Is it because it's from Texas?  Because it can't be because the food is so much better than any other fast food hamburger joint.

Not that I am overtly fond of hamburger joints, but I do like Whataburger from my time in Texas and from the last time I visited there a few years back. It was sort of refreshing. As the joints go, it's a bit of a cut above the rest, but I am concerned about the staffing of these places. It will be hard to staff all of these restaurants in the current climate which may hurt the quality and service of this and any other chain that opens here and anywhere else.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jmtunafish said:

Yeah, whataburger is alright. But the most overrated burger joint in my preference is in-n-out. 

Edited by MagicPotato
  • Like 3

The two are both great in their own ways. Whataburger's menu is a lot more diverse and expansive. I may give In-N-Out's standard burger a slight edge over Whataburger's.

As disappointed as I am that all of the Whataburger locations will be out in the 'burbs (for the foreseeable future, at least), it's best for my waistline.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/4/2022 at 7:04 AM, jmtunafish said:

Because it is the greatest Sonic burger you will ever have; plus, you can have one at 8:30 am if you so choose.  As others stated, diverse and expansive menu, spicy ketchup; I could keep on and on, but I digress.  For me, I'll take Whataburger every time over In-N-Out.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 1/4/2022 at 8:04 AM, jmtunafish said:

Notice that both Whataburger and In N' Out are based out of two states (Texas and California) which, justified or not, think rather highly of themselves, and also have huge and proud populations that can act as cheerleaders for their regional chains and rapidly spread the gospel far and wide.  I think that's about all it boils down to in my personal opinion, because I'm with you that both of those serve just another fast food burger.   I mean, obviously this is completely subjective and people can eat what they'd like... but for me, Five Guys offers the best chain fast food burger out there that I've experienced.  Shake Shack is pretty good too, along with midwestern chain Culver's.  

Edited by BnaBreaker
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1