Nashville food and beverage scene

smeagolsfree

I’m going to say something that may outrage some but (no joke) I had a whopper junior at BK that reminded me very much of the burgers I’ve had at in-n-out… as for what a burger I’ve only had a burger when I drove my son to Birmingham 3 years ago. Don’t remember much about it. 

38 minutes ago, BnaBreaker said:

Notice that both Whataburger and In N' Out are based out of two states (Texas and California) which, justified or not, think rather highly of themselves, and also have huge and proud populations that can act as cheerleaders for their regional chains and rapidly spread the gospel far and wide.  I think that's about all it boils down to in my personal opinion, because I'm with you that both of those serve just another fast food burger.   I mean, obviously this is completely subjective and people can eat what they'd like... but for me, Five Guys offers the best chain fast food burger out there that I've experienced.  Shake Shack is pretty good too, along with midwestern chain Culver's.  

Totally agreed on all counts.  Spicy ketchup and burgers for breakfast aren't enough to make up for just a very mediocre fast food joint.  I'll drive by a dozen Whataburgers to eat at someplace like Culver's, Back Yard Burger, or Five Guys.

• Like 2

All current and proposed Whataburger locations listed below.  I'm surprised there's non in Franklin or Brentwood. I thought they were building one in Williamson county. I guess the area might be too high class for Whataburger :tw_joy:

5055 Old Hickory Blvd, Hermitage, 37076 – Jan. 5

1123 Nashville Pike, Gallatin, 37066 – early 2022

1835 Old Fort Parkway, Murfreesboro, 37129 – mid 2022

450 TN-109, Lebanon, 37090 – mid 2022

630 S Cumberland St, Lebanon, 37087 – fall 2022

1715 Gallatin Pike N, Madison, 37115 – fall 2022

360 W Sam Ridley Pkwy, Smyrna, 37167 – fall 2022

11190 Lebanon Rd, Mt. Juliet, 37122 – fall 2022

• Thanks 1

Whataburger had announced a location on Lebanon Pike in Donelson (which IS a Nashville address and not that far from downtown) but the zoning for the property was going to be problematic for a drive thru focused business. Councilman Jeff Syracuse indicated that Whataburger is still interested and looking for a location in the Donelson area.

Edited by donNdonelson2
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, VSRJ said:

Not a single location in Nashville proper — or even within a reasonable driving distance (for fast food, at least). Ugh.

Madison and Hermitage aren't too far, but yeah I see that trend with most "unique" fast food places nowadays. It's similar to in-n-out in that there's non located within the LA downtown area.

I saw that in Atlanta 30 years ago... when my favorite ff joints started closing along Peachtree in Midtown and even in Buckehead, although that came about 10-15 years later. It's real estate, and the drive-thru model just doesn't work well where acreage (e.g. parking lots) is cost prohibitive. There was a Mcdonalds at P'tree (just south of Paces Ferry)... a Wendy's in the Y between P'tree and Roswell....  I recall an Arby's...  and a Miami Subs (LOL) that take me a long way back.   Oh, and there was a Krystal at (12th?) and P'tree.   I just thought of a mission (I hope I have time to do someday) to go up/down Peachtree/WPTree/Piedmont/Roswell to see which of the "old FF joints" are still there. In addition to the cost of the land there, that is a population ("Demographic") that's very persnickety about their fast food.  They want fast food that's not "wrapped" like fast food.  

Edited by MLBrumby
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Brichar4 said:

Restaurant Chotto Matte coming to Nashville on the second floor of One22One tower (11,000 Sq Ft wow!). Read more in the article below, but personally this is very cool only 4 restaurants in the US and Nashville will be the next with the smallest market by far! Really stepping up the game a lot like Sean Brock and other chefs have done recently

https://nashville.eater.com/2022/1/12/22880121/chotto-matte-restaurant-opening-nashville-kurt-zdesar-nikkei

This is cool. Getting one before Chicago or Vegas...

• Like 3

On 1/14/2022 at 6:42 AM, markhollin said:

A little biased to Sean Brock, but Audrey was as good an overall food experience as i have had at many multi Michelin star restaurants in NYC or London. Not to mention the wine pairing with the tasting menu truly a unique experience worth it if you enjoy kinda experimental food/drink!  

Edited by Brichar4
  • Like 3

Bonchon, a Korean style chicken wing restaurant is planning to open 3 locations in the Nashville Metro. The 3 locations discussed are Franklin, Murfreesboro, and Smyrna. If you haven't tried Bonchon yet you should definitely give it a shot. 

https://bonchon.com/blog/coming-soon-to-nashville-and-miami

Edited by MagicPotato
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Three Nashville eateries made Yelp's "Top 100 U.S. Restaurants of 2022" ranking.

#9: OSH Restaurant and Grill at 216 Thompson Lane.

#14: Skull's Rainbow Room in Printer's Alley.

#53: Caracasville  pop-up restaurant turned food truck.

More at NBJ here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2022/01/21/3-nashville-restaurants-land-among-yelps-best.html?cx_testId=40&cx_testVariant=cx_34&cx_artPos=5#cxrecs_s

Full list here:

https://www.yelp.com/article/yelps-top-100-us-restaurants-2022

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, markhollin said:

Three Nashville eateries made Yelp's "Top 100 U.S. Restaurants of 2022" ranking.

#9: OSH Restaurant and Grill at 216 Thompson Lane.

#14: Skull's Rainbow Room in Printer's Alley.

#53: Caracasville  pop-up restaurant turned food truck.

More at NBJ here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2022/01/21/3-nashville-restaurants-land-among-yelps-best.html?cx_testId=40&cx_testVariant=cx_34&cx_artPos=5#cxrecs_s

Full list here:

https://www.yelp.com/article/yelps-top-100-us-restaurants-2022

Caracasville’s ranking is well deserved. Their food is excellent. 

• Like 3