Nashville food and beverage scene

smeagolsfree

Sam Fox, who has recently partnered in opening the Twelve Thirty club at 5th & Broadway, as well as Doughbird Pizza + Chicken in Green Hills, has more plans for Nashville according to an interview he did with NBJ:

What are your future plans in Nashville?

We have a few things that we'll announce soon. We're not ready to talk about it yet but there’s some other fun stuff. I'll come down here for a week and I'll work in the restaurants, I go around and visit some real estate and so I like to take my time get to know the community, decide where we want to grow or if we want to grow, and we want to grow more in Nashville.

Are there any areas in Nashville that you see becoming hotspots for new restaurants or that you want to focus on and grow in?

We’re looking. We're sniffing around the Vanderbilt area. We haven't gone to East Nashville yet. There are some really great, cool spots that we're obviously looking at some. There's some great buildings with soul over there, so that's fun. And that's really sort of been our focus here. It just sort of depends on what restaurant we want to do and where it goes and that's what's great about our business, or my business, is that we all have these amazing brands so, we're not looking like we have just one restaurant and it needs to go here. It's such a wider lens than that. … We're open to all areas, but there's a lot of hot areas. A lot of hotels are coming to town. A lot of great chefs are coming to town. And then there's just some really cool areas, like Germantown. All these places that continue to be hot and really cool.

More at NBJ here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2022/02/03/five-questions-with-sam-fox.html

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

16 minutes ago, natethegreat said:

Does anyone know anything about Soho House Nashville? Saw that they had an opening party this week. Seems like a fairly big deal - it’s some posh/pretentious club from London.

I made a post about it with photos on the Repurposed/revitalized historical building in Nashville thread yesterday.

• Like 2

Taziki's, a Mediterranean cafe chain, plans to open 4 more locations in the Nashville area , which will bring their total to 20 in the area.  This will provide another 150 jobs.  The spots will be in Nolensville, Bellevue, Berry Farms,  and Murfreesboro.

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/retail/birmingham-mediterranean-caf-chain-eyes-four-area-locations/article_973dea70-98c6-11ec-98fc-f31663c1376d.html

• Like 1

I'm not trying to be a snob, but it's kinda weird that they chose to name their restaurant after Tzatziki Sauce, but didn't spell it correctly.   Initially I thought, 'eh, maybe they're just trying to be cute'... but that is how it's spelled on their menu too.  It doesn't really matter... just thought it was odd. 

18 minutes ago, BnaBreaker said:

I'm not trying to be a snob, but it's kinda weird that they chose to name their restaurant after Tzatziki Sauce, but didn't spell it correctly.   Initially I thought, 'eh, maybe they're just trying to be cute'... but that is how it's spelled on their menu too.  It doesn't really matter... just thought it was odd. 

Yes strange, but food isn’t bad for something quick on the go.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CenterHill said:

The branding folks at the restaurant chain wanted a name that was available and could be protected with a federal trademark registration.   They probably anticipated that the USPTO would not approve the use of the name of a common food item as a trademark (that usually gets rejected), so they needed something similar, but unique (also easier spelling for the customer to remember when googling the nearest).   And yes, they got federal trademark protection for “Taziki’s”.  

Agree it’s good as chains go.      

That makes sense!  Thanks for the run down.  They still could've spelled it right on the menu though... but I am a food nerd, so don't mind me lol 

• 2 weeks later...

Kisser, a Japanese BBQ pop-up, will open a permanent location at 747 Douglas Ave. in Highland Yards (circa 1920)  this summer.  CDP Architecture is handling the design; Tenant Building Group is the contractor.  A permit valued at $125,000 has been issued. 

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/japanese-bbq-restaurant-plans-east-nashville-location/article_f8bb3de2-a565-11ec-86f4-875d0b54b1c5.html

• Like 4

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...