Nashville food and beverage scene

smeagolsfree

And some might do both! I'll say this, Lower Broad has never been hotter. The crowds on any given weekday, weeknight and double on weekends are incredible. Can certainly understand Tin Roof owners' desire to take their brand there, and they'll do quite well. On a related note, I recall there was a proposal a few years ago (don't remember by whom) to close Lower Broad to vehicular traffic on weekends from 5th to riverfront park, a la Beale Street. Council didn't go for it, but I think the time is right to revisit that idea.

• Like 1

New steak restaurant in Midtown... Union Common at the convergence of Broadway, 21st, and Division, where Hill development is rehabbing the block... across from the site of the proposed Buckingham Development.   From the Tennessean:  http://www.tennessean.com/article/20131018/BUSINESS01/310180102

Rendering...  http://cmsimg.tennessean.com/apps/pbcsi.dll/bilde?Site=DN&Date=20131018&Category=BUSINESS01&ArtNo=310180102&Ref=AR&MaxW=640&Border=0&New-steakhouse-Union-Common-planned-Midtown-retail-space-Nashville

Edited by MLBrumby

New steak restaurant in Midtown... Union Common at the convergence of Broadway, 21st, and Division, where Hill development is rehabbing the block... across from the site of the proposed Buckingham Development.   From the Tennessean:  http://www.tennessean.com/article/20131018/BUSINESS01/310180102

Rendering...  http://cmsimg.tennessean.com/apps/pbcsi.dll/bilde?Site=DN&Date=20131018&Category=BUSINESS01&ArtNo=310180102&Ref=AR&MaxW=640&Border=0&New-steakhouse-Union-Common-planned-Midtown-retail-space-Nashville

I made my comment on the West End thread, as I said this is interesting since the original announcement was in august, and this says the opening isn't until May.  Just doesn't seem kosher.

• 1 month later...

i like this idea. when we were discussing the sounds stadium on the other thread i kept wondering where in Germantown one would go for a beer before (or after) the game. this answers that question, although it's a few blocks away. still, something Germantown doesn't really have now.

can't tell from the article if it will be new construction or if they plan to use the block structure that's there now.

I was just looking into Pinewood Social, and I am very impressed!  The concept and the menu both look very good.  I could spend an entire day there!  Morning coffee at Crema...breakfast...get some work done on the laptop...take a swim...play some bocce...have a drink at the cabana bar...have some lunch...get some more "work" done on the outdoor deck...have one or four more drinks at the bar inside...a round of bowling...some dinner...then however many more drinks it takes to get me loose enough to sing some karaoke!  What a day!

I was just looking into Pinewood Social, and I am very impressed!  The concept and the menu both look very good.  I could spend an entire day there!  Morning coffee at Crema...breakfast...get some work done on the laptop...take a swim...play some bocce...have a drink at the cabana bar...have some lunch...get some more "work" done on the outdoor deck...have one or four more drinks at the bar inside...a round of bowling...some dinner...then however many more drinks it takes to get me loose enough to sing some karaoke!  What a day!

Sounds awful. Just awful...  :alc:

i like this idea. when we were discussing the sounds stadium on the other thread i kept wondering where in Germantown one would go for a beer before (or after) the game. this answers that question, although it's a few blocks away. still, something Germantown doesn't really have now.

can't tell from the article if it will be new construction or if they plan to use the block structure that's there now.

Answering my own question about the biergarden.   There's a rendering on the fence by Powell Studios who is handling the design.    It looks to be a reno and expansion of the existing structure.   Powell does good work.    Can't wait to see the result.

Also noticed the Centurion Stone building at 6th and Taylor is down to its shell - literally just a roof and the minimum exterior walls/posts to hold it up.    Quite a large structure.    Looks like the renovation is going to be a more open design with ample use of glass.     

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

The Homewood Suites by Hilton Nashville Vanderbilt hotel will have an entrance to the restaurant, but guests also can enter through the main entrance off West End Avenue.

Sounds like it will be connected 

Sounds like they will occupy the site of the 'Superlative' florists.

For all of you youngsters, the narrator with the beautiful, thick and melodic southern accent on this video is a well remembered part of Nashville charm and history.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCGjYCuEGFk

Edited by PHofKS
  • Like 1

Sounds like they will occupy the site of the 'Superlative' florists.

For all of you youngsters, the narrator with the beautiful, thick and melodic southern accent on this video is a well remembered part of Nashville charm and history.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCGjYCuEGFk

Oh, man, that takes me back. You can find anything on YouTube can't you?

I thought maybe F Scotts was going in the ground floor of the hotel.

More on the Butchertown Hall project in Germantown.   WW had this post and rendering in the Post.   I like the look of this.   Appears to use red brick and the colonial style that you see some of on nearby streets. 

http://nashvillepost.com/blogs/postbusiness/2013/12/27/rendering_released_for_germantown_beer_garden_space

Butchertown.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Trattoria Il Mulino, New York Italian restaurant, coming to Nashville

New Italian restaurant going into the space previously occupied by the Sports Grille in the Hilton Downtown. Add this to the list of New York restaurants that have recently opened up shop in Nashville: Music City Tippler, and Two Boots Pizza. I find this pretty interesting:

"As part of the work, outdoor seating for the restaurant space will be raised up to the sidewalk level off Fifth Avenue South, Waters said."

This will definitely help with street activation on 5th avenue across from the arena. The current outdoor patio is about 5ft below the sidewalk level.

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20140205/BUSINESS01/302050089/2095/BUSINESS02

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting quotes from the article:

"In an interview Dorf said existing liquor laws in Nashville won't allow him to make wine on the premises.

"We will still go on and build out a winery there, while we work to change the legislation," said Dorf. But getting new laws passed, Dorf noted, could take years."

Understatement. 

"Dorf wouldn't disclose the exact address of his new City Winery location in Nashville. But he indicated the warehouse property is situated between the city's new downtown convention center and the Gulch."

Wondering where this might go.   Plenty of warehouse stock in the 8th / Division area, and would seem like a good fit with Jackalope, Yazoo and TN Brew Works.  

Probably not following up on the last post about City Winery but here are some renderings on the Eater - Nashville site.

http://nashville.eater.com/archives/2014/02/20/city-winery-nashville-now-has-renderings.php

Screen%20Shot%202014-02-20%20at%201.23.5Screen%20Shot%202014-02-20%20at%201.23.4Screen%20Shot%202014-02-20%20at%201.24.0Screen%20Shot%202014-02-20%20at%201.24.2

Edited by TnNative

Thanks for posting. I like the renderings of the City Winery.... I would only add that it is ill-advised to build a huge restaurant called "City Winery" with extensive outdoor seating in the center of Nashville's wino district ...

Edited by Guest