Aertson Midtown (Buckingham) | 13 Fl Residential | 17 fl Kimpton Hotel | T/O

barakat

Lots of shills posting here. It's too bad an out of town company is developing something in a city they know little about. It's obvious the PR company is at work. (Especially the folks who say "high density...high density!"). This should be half the height. And yeah, way too Disney looking. (Though it will come down to materials). All in all, I think it is a monstrosity. (Wonder if the "moderator" will even post this). 

Hmmm...not sure what to take from this post.  For now I will give you the benefit of the doubt as things can be misconstrued through internet forums.  In most situations it is better to not be on the offensive, especially for a first impression.  I am usually a cool customer.  Not a good start...if you disagree with something that is one thing but calling out people when "you know little about them" is ridiculous.  Pot calling the kettle black as they say.  As for now I "know little about you" so the benefit of the doubt.

If we are "shills", then I smell a troll.  Watch out for posters from other places where there is a lot less activity than what's happening in Nashville and other sunbelt boom towns.  Like there are a couple within 200 miles that immediately come to mind.  But then, wouldn't an IP address indicate that?  Is there a way to check that, Mods?

Guest 5th & Main Urbanite

If we are "shills", then I smell a troll.  Watch out for posters from other places where there is a lot less activity than what's happening in Nashville and other sunbelt boom towns.  Like there are a couple within 200 miles that immediately come to mind.  But then, wouldn't an IP address indicate that?  Is there a way to check that, Mods?

As a former mod, I can say it's easy. Cut and paste the IP in your google search field and it will tell you where the iP is located.

I suppose it's entirely possible that this guy is just a neighborhood resident who isn't a fan of the changes going on, but still, seems like a rather hostile way to make an entrance regardless of the circumstances.  Oh well.

Edited by BnaBreaker
  • Like 1

Damn it he got me!?!^&@%$^%^&@$

I have been shilling for quite a few years and, to be quite honest, I had thought I was beyond detection. Now that I have been found out,  me and my family will have to move and assume a new identity... lol

Damn it he got me!?!^&@%$^%^&@$

I have been shilling for quite a few years and, to be quite honest, I had thought I was beyond detection. Now that I have been found out,  me and my family will have to move and assume a new identity... lol

I know what you look like and where you live. You can run but you cant hide. :ph34r:

Any word on the status of this project; on another topic a commenter reports that Ken's Sushi expects to remain open for 10 months.  Supposedly Ken's and Wendy's were on a 30 day notice before site demolition was to begin.  Developer comments pointed towards a March beginning.  Trouble in paradise?

Is it just me, or have things seriously slowed down in the past month or so?  Maybe I just got spoiled with that period where we were literally seeing an announcement every other day or so, but it seems to have slowed from 60 to 0 pretty quickly.  I hope that is just an anomaly and not a sign of things to come.

Is it just me, or have things seriously slowed down in the past month or so?  Maybe I just got spoiled with that period where we were literally seeing an announcement every other day or so, but it seems to have slowed from 60 to 0 pretty quickly.  I hope that is just an anomaly and not a sign of things to come.

It seems to me that this is sort of our typical cycle. We have a lot of announcements one quarter, then the announcements slow, but some construction gets underway...then we have a quarter where very little (in terms of big stuff) seems to be happening, then we start to hear all kinds of crazy rumors. Then the announcements start again.

I don't think this is anything in particular that we need to worry about. There are still a lot of cranes up. There are still a lot of proposals being tweaked or going through the planning process (post announcement), and there's a lot of construction in the early stages. 

Nashville still has a lot on its plate. It's not as exciting as when we're hearing about something new seemingly multiple times per week...but I think post announcement, there tends to be a lag of quite a few months, even into years before some things get finalized.

I'm not worried about the quiet. It sort of lets us sit back and digest what is going on. My guess is the announcements come in spurts so developers can use the momentum and buzz created by other announcements to get their own projects moving. And some of them are also a lot more careful when it comes to publicity than others.

I was in the midtown (Division-Broadway triangle) last week and saw a lot of construction... not one BIG project, but lots of smaller places... apparently lots of places to eat and drink.  Looks like that area is becoming a hub for nightlife, a'la the old section of Buckhead was before it was bought and levelled.

• 2 weeks later...

I was in the midtown (Division-Broadway triangle) last week and saw a lot of construction... not one BIG project, but lots of smaller places... apparently lots of places to eat and drink.  Looks like that area is becoming a hub for nightlife, a'la the old section of Buckhead was before it was bought and levelled.

I miss that section of Atlanta. Been going there since 1991, and that was a cool stretch until some joker bought the block and leveled it.  I feared the same thing would happen to Hillsboro Village.

• 2 weeks later...

I've heard from a source that should be in the know, that the delay is due to problems with financing.  Given the realtively easy availability of money these days, I think this signals a real problem for this project.  My contact with the project hasn't responded to my inquiries.  In the meantime, the Wendy's and Ken's Sushi on the site remain open.

I think this project will be cancelled. We have a plethora of hotels going up along West End, The Gulch, Downtown, Sobro, and Midtown. This is one of those idealist proposals that does not ever happen. It took 13 years for WES to get off the ground, so who knows? I for one have absolutely no interest whatsoever in this project as I am a CBD kind of guy anyway. The project seems too bold and a bit pretentious. This seems to be a project of Vanderbilt exclusivity, and with a name like "The Buckingham" the marketing of the namesake will only attract the older wealthier Vanderbilt affiliated Nashvillian. This is not a project for Nashville, but for the Vanderbilt "Creme' De La Creme'" 

No thanks.

. This seems to be a project of Vanderbilt exclusivity, and with a name like "The Buckingham" the marketing of the namesake will only attract the older wealthier Vanderbilt affiliated Nashvillian. This is not a project for Nashville, but for the Vanderbilt "Creme' De La Creme'" 

Disagree completely.  And, your antipathy towards Vanderbilt is showing.  The area is more than Vandy; it is Belmont, Music Row, and Baptist, and Centennial hospitals, as well as downtown workers.  Sure the music venues are catering to the college and tourist crowds, but the residents in the area are more than transients.  The development of more housing for residents, as well as amenities such as a grocery will go far to making the area a fully functioning community.  I've never been sold on the need for a hotel at the location, and I thought the apartment/condo was too massive for the site, but the general concept fit well with where the area is going.  Too bad if it all falls through.

• Like 3

I have traveled the country extensively  in recent years a make it a point to drive through and around a city when it is on my way. One thing I have discovered about most larger Cities that are still experiencing growth is the development of an 'alternative downtown' with a good mix of retail, office, entertainment and varied residential options. Some examples are:

Boston – Back Bay

San Francisco – Mission District

Los Angeles – Wilshire Blvd/Century City

Atlanta – Buckhead

Houston – Galleria

Dallas – Arts District

Phoenix - North Central Ave

These are all significantly separate from the  downtown financial districts, but still within a mile or two (Atlanta's Buckhead being the exception). I have not noticed any similiar type of development in our so-called peer cities. Nashville's Mid-town has a dense mix of all of the above including attractions such as Centennial Park, Vanderbilt and Music Row.

I welcome the growth of infill mass and height in mid-town. When the BRT line is complete, Mid-town will be the envy of built environment followers everywhere.

• Like 2

I think this project will be cancelled. We have a plethora of hotels going up along West End, The Gulch, Downtown, Sobro, and Midtown. This is one of those idealist proposals that does not ever happen. It took 13 years for WES to get off the ground, so who knows? I for one have absolutely no interest whatsoever in this project as I am a CBD kind of guy anyway. The project seems too bold and a bit pretentious. This seems to be a project of Vanderbilt exclusivity, and with a name like "The Buckingham" the marketing of the namesake will only attract the older wealthier Vanderbilt affiliated Nashvillian. This is not a project for Nashville, but for the Vanderbilt "Creme' De La Creme'" 

No thanks.

Your response sounds a bit pompous and pretentious, to be honest.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...