Aertson Midtown (Buckingham) | 13 Fl Residential | 17 fl Kimpton Hotel | T/O

barakat

Honestly, if I had her view, I would fight to protect it as well. I don't see it as arrogant at all. It's no different than people in other neighborhoods who don't want two tall-skinnies built next door and blocking the sun from their back yard.

Once again, this brings up the question of air-rights. Is it time for Nashville to implement something like this?

• Like 1

Honestly, if I had her view, I would fight to protect it as well. I don't see it as arrogant at all. It's no different than people in other neighborhoods who don't want two tall-skinnies built next door and blocking the sun from their back yard.

Once again, this brings up the question of air-rights. Is it time for Nashville to implement something like this?

I believe it is different because the houses in question were in century/half century old neighborhoods.  Whereas that condo has been there how long?

And like someone in this thread said before, don't we live in a capitalist society?  Shouldn't that allow the market to dictate what buildings go where?

I'm for air-rights as long as it doesn't turn us into San Francisco. 

• 1 month later...

Not involved with the project, but I live across the street.  The developers have given us a couple briefings.  This article lays out the timeline, but just looking down at the site its pretty obvious that they are probably already a couple months further along on the hotel end than the apartments.

https://www.nashvillepost.com/news/2014/8/25/we_expect_to_come_out_of_the_ground_in_january

"When will full-scale work begin and what is the timeline for construction of Buckingham Midtown?

We expect to come out of the ground in January. We're expecting the retail component could be open in fall 2016, with the hotel to open in late 2016. The residential element will open in phases, with the first in fall 2016 and the second in spring 2017."

• Like 1

Last I heard they were talking to several grocery chains but hadn't nailed anything down yet.  I for one will be very disappointed if there isn't one.  Certainly the neighborhood should be able to support one, since there are close to 3,000 apts in planning or under construction within easy walking distance and quite a few here already.

• 2 weeks later...