Aertson Midtown (Buckingham) | 13 Fl Residential | 17 fl Kimpton Hotel | T/O

barakat

On 11/6/2018 at 4:13 PM, PruneTracy said:

Finally, I was worried this area was going to become a food desert.

When C&B closed, I saw a tall blonde lady in heels with a tiny dog just standing there outside the Aertson.   I think she was hungry, but I didn't know what to do.   I guess I was thinking someone else would come along and save the day.  I hope God forgives me for my inaction.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, MLBrumby said:

Oh, that's just Taylor, who lives nearby. She eats... sometimes. 

OMG that's dreadfully sad.   For many years now I have been actively feeding and clothing deserving homeless unfortunates here in Nashville, many of which have successfully rebuilt their lives and live in good housing now.  That is how I know about many Nashville nooks and crannies of old sites as I searched for desperate individuals to offer help.  No money, but coats, shoes, sleeping bags, tents etc. and for those canny enough to avoid the Rescue Mission (which seems to me more interested in spreading a religious doctrine than helping truly destitute homeless).   From everything the individuals that I have aided have said, it is a hellhole to be avoided.   Room at the Inn, by comparison is a fine and compassionate organization as well as other groups and churches that give so much to the wellbeing of the homeless.   I won't cry when the Mission sells its' land and relocates.  I hope that Taylor and her dog receive help.

Edited by Baronakim
spelling
  • Like 3

• 7 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

TMRW will be a 10,000 sq. ft. restaurant/music venue that will open on Feb. 4th in the Aertson Building at 206 21st Ave. South.  This is the former spot of The Ainsworth.  The developers are Affinity Entertainment and Paige Concepts. $75,000 worth of changes have been made to the interior design which will have an art deco flair.

The team behind TMRW is made up of up of notable Nashville food and beverage players, like bar visionary Jon Howard, formerly at Sean Brock’s concepts; executive chef Zack Wilkinson, formerly at Etch; and general manager Danny Paquet, the former operator of the Listening Room Cafe.

Guests can expect all types of genres on the stage at TMRW, from a jazz-and-blues jam band to songwriters’ nights to EDM and DJ nights. 

The venue's hours will be Wednesday to Thursday from 4 p.m. to 11 p.m., Friday and Saturday from 10 a.m. to 12 a.m. and Sunday from 10 a.m. to 11 p.m.

More at NBJ here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2023/01/26/live-music-venue-and-social-house-opening-in-midto.html

• Like 2