Forum Ideas - Pinned topics and such

timmay143

I'd though I'd ask what the forum thought about new pinned topics? I wanted to wait a bit til the dust cleared. We could pin what is definitely under construction until its complete? What about other suggestions? Ron thought about breaking things into areas such as SoBro, Gulch, West End, etc. I don't want to over saturate with pinned material, but if we could settle on a balance that would be nice. Personally, I think pinning the major projects (in Nashville) under construction are organizational but that's just my opinion. Could also pin areas like counties and/or corresponding cities. I don't necessarily want to drastically change things, and I am fine with the way they are if no changes want to be made.

Thought about bringing the retail thread back from the coffee shop. I know one member enjoyed that. What are everyone's thoughts? Again, any other suggestions?

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Meh. I think keeping the general topics pinned is most important. Otherwise, you will end up with 3 pages of pinned topics.

Yeah, I wanted to avoid that. So I guess for now nothing will be done, which is of course fine, and probably better for now.

One thing I would not mind seeing is consistent thread titles with perhaps some a little project info in the title such as height, number of floors, units, project status, etc. It could vary depending on the project type.

Good idea, I like it. I'll see what I can do.

One thing I would not mind seeing is consistent thread titles with perhaps a little project info in the title such as height, number of floors, units, project status, etc. It could vary depending on the project type.

So I tried a few out. Mainly the biggies. Did I go too far or are they ok? Just making sure my OCD of "having everything in one spot" isn't taking over! :P:wacko::scared:

Thanks for doing this! My OCD tendencies are pretty bad as well. I may be the worst person to ask about going too far. I have to constantly be reminded to edit by friends. :D

What do you think about using vertical bars like below? I've seen this on other forums and have always found it to look clean and easy to read.

West End Summit {sodEmoji.|} HCA HQ (Parallon & SCRI) {sodEmoji.|} Office (~900k sq ft) & Hotel in 2 towers {sodEmoji.|} PROPOSED

Thanks for doing this! My OCD tendencies are pretty bad as well. I may be the worst person to ask about going too far. I have to constantly be reminded to edit by friends. :D

What do you think about using vertical bars like below? I've seen this on other forums and have always found it to look clean and easy to read.

West End Summit {sodEmoji.|} HCA HQ (Parallon & SCRI) {sodEmoji.|} Office (~900k sq ft) & Hotel in 2 towers {sodEmoji.|} PROPOSED

Didn't think about the bars. Looks good. Better than - and takes up the same amount of space. Will work on it. Glad to hear I'm not alone!! And the all caps on the status sets it apart nice.

Archived