Hole in the Wall Food Joints

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I can't believe no one has mentioned the best Persian Place in town... Kabob House... I mean its attached to an alcoholic beverage store... but man are those Kabobs good.

Notes on those previously listed... Bumps for Nickel City Grill and Hugos Diner... Used to live right across the street from NIckel and boy was that some good food. Hugos has always been a popular one for our lunch.

Would anyone consider South 21 to fit in this list or not Hole in the Wall-y enough? Probably the best burgers in town.

The House of Pizza on Central at Eastway has great pies and sandwiches. But the best part is that it has the look and feel of an old-school pizza place you would visit in places like Chicago.

Also, this is a stretch for Charlotte, but Keaton's Bar-B-Q between Statesville and Cleveland is worth a trip. Shack in the middle of the woods that serves...FRIED bar-b-q chicken :thumbsup: I just can't believe someone else had not come up with that concept before!

The House of Pizza on Central at Eastway has great pies and sandwiches. But the best part is that it has the look and feel of an old-school pizza place you would visit in places like Chicago.

Also, this is a stretch for Charlotte, but Keaton's Bar-B-Q between Statesville and Cleveland is worth a trip. Shack in the middle of the woods that serves...FRIED bar-b-q chicken :thumbsup: I just can't believe someone else had not come up with that concept before!

hey...i guess this fits in this topic:

I got some scoop at lunchtime today at Cabo Fish Taco in NoDa. I couldn't help but overhear the bartenders talking about how the owner of CABO fish taco in NoDa is seriously interested in taking over the storefront next door. (which is "for rent" right now) They said they've been having up to 2hr waits for tables on Fridays and Saturdays and would like to expand. Don't know how serious this is, but could be cool.

hey...i guess this fits in this topic:

I got some scoop at lunchtime today at Cabo Fish Taco in NoDa. I couldn't help but overhear the bartenders talking about how the owner of CABO fish taco in NoDa is seriously interested in taking over the storefront next door. (which is "for rent" right now) They said they've been having up to 2hr waits for tables on Fridays and Saturdays and would like to expand. Don't know how serious this is, but could be cool.

The Anderson's on Elizabeth Avenue beside Visulite is a great home-cookin' spot. They always serve me about three times the amount of food I need or want, but I manage to finish it every time nevertheless. It's been around for 60 years, but unfortunately will be closing Saturday, Nov. 18. For those of you that haven't had a chance to try it, you'd better go in the next week.

Never tried the pecan pie, even though the sign outside says it's "The World's Best." Maybe I'll give it a try tomorrow for lunch.

Archived