The Milk District

RedStar25

21231653_10214164032951647_7315777712024

I mentioned the sign at Colonial Lanes when it was announced that it may not be long for this world. Here's a pic via Mike McGinness at Historic Orlando III on Facebook. It's an awesome group if you're into Orlando's past.

(Marcia Schilke Hartmann)

This pic is from 1965.

Edited by spenser1058
  • Like 2

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
16 minutes ago, JFW657 said:

A little bit off the beaten path.

They'll need good advertising or good word of mouth.

I've still never eaten at one.

I have enough interesting places around Eola that I haven't seen the need to go looking for a food truck but I have used the ones Aramark partners with at work a time or two in the parking lot. They were ok but nothing to write home about.

15 minutes ago, spenser1058 said:

I have enough interesting places around Eola that I haven't seen the need to go looking for a food truck but I have used the ones Aramark partners with at work a time or two in the parking lot. They were ok but nothing to write home about.

There are some quality Food Trucks out there. Unfortunately, once they began to rise in popularity, a lot of people tried to cash in I think and some really low quality ones popped up. 

Here are a few good ones: Over Rice (AMAZING), Korean BBQ Taco Truck, SwedeDISH, Yum Yum Cupcakes (when it was around), Bem Bom (Opening up a brick/mortar), Tamale Co.

• Like 1

Strange location.  They cite the Pacific NW but I just don’t see that happening there in the shadow of Hobby Lobby.   If I’ve gone that far, I’m probably eating at Se7en Bites.

When I think Portland, I think cramming foot trucks into the lot at Orange and Pine or even an empty Orlando Health lot fronting Orange near the hospital.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jernigan said:

Strange location.  They cite the Pacific NW but I just don’t see that happening there in the shadow of Hobby Lobby.   If I’ve gone that far, I’m probably eating at Se7en Bites.

When I think Portland, I think cramming foot trucks into the lot at Orange and Pine or even an empty Orlando Health lot fronting Orange near the hospital.

Off topic but is there a story behind that lot at Orange and Pine? Why has it always been empty?

9 minutes ago, bqknight said:

Off topic but is there a story behind that lot at Orange and Pine? Why has it always been empty?

Up until a few years ago there was an old two story building there that housed an old record store. There was a mural on the side that was painted in the early 80's of old time Orlando. Horse & buggy and a well known old photo if a guy sitting on an alligators back. The building burned sometime after 2000. Can't remember exactly which year. Looking for a pic.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, bqknight said:

There was a building there that burned about a decade ago.

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2005-02-27/news/0502250558_1_elijah-commercial-buildings-history-center

From the Sentinel

Edited by spenser1058