Sign in to follow this  
RedStar25

The Milk District

On 8/22/2017 at 9:47 AM, codypet said:

Did anyone notice "The Milk District has Gone Postal" appears to have closed?

I hated that name ... 

Edited by UngaBungalow
  • Like 1

It was an odd name, odd business to open, odd location.  All of it just seemed not to make sense.   I won't miss that plaza when someone inevitably decides to buy it and knock it down.

• Like 4

demo permit issued for 206 N Bumby - just south of the redevelopment at the corner of Robinson.  Same group fixing up the area that is handling the "Hourglass District"

• Like 3

They were using that smaller building as their temporary offices but have since moved into the larger building. They're going to use that space for more parking, apparently. 

21231653_10214164032951647_7315777712024

I mentioned the sign at Colonial Lanes when it was announced that it may not be long for this world. Here's a pic via Mike McGinness at Historic Orlando III on Facebook. It's an awesome group if you're into Orlando's past.

(Marcia Schilke Hartmann)

This pic is from 1965.

Edited by spenser1058
  • Like 2

Anyone know what happened to the Beer and Tabacco Outlet on Bumby (Old 7-11)?   They had a Uhaul clearing the place out.  Kinda crazy because the arepas place that shares the plaza with it just had a grand reopening.

2 hours ago, spenser1058 said:

I thought that too - guess the price was right.

A little bit off the beaten path.

They'll need good advertising or good word of mouth.

1 hour ago, spenser1058 said:

Apparently, it's getting institutionalized in its dotage.

I've still never eaten at one.

It starts out at food truck pricing and now the price of the food is comparable to a restaurant without the service. And they asked for tips .

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, JFW657 said:

A little bit off the beaten path.

They'll need good advertising or good word of mouth.

I've still never eaten at one.

I have enough interesting places around Eola that I haven't seen the need to go looking for a food truck but I have used the ones Aramark partners with at work a time or two in the parking lot. They were ok but nothing to write home about.

15 minutes ago, spenser1058 said:

I have enough interesting places around Eola that I haven't seen the need to go looking for a food truck but I have used the ones Aramark partners with at work a time or two in the parking lot. They were ok but nothing to write home about.

There are some quality Food Trucks out there. Unfortunately, once they began to rise in popularity, a lot of people tried to cash in I think and some really low quality ones popped up. 

Here are a few good ones: Over Rice (AMAZING), Korean BBQ Taco Truck, SwedeDISH, Yum Yum Cupcakes (when it was around), Bem Bom (Opening up a brick/mortar), Tamale Co.

• Like 1

Strange location.  They cite the Pacific NW but I just don’t see that happening there in the shadow of Hobby Lobby.   If I’ve gone that far, I’m probably eating at Se7en Bites.

When I think Portland, I think cramming foot trucks into the lot at Orange and Pine or even an empty Orlando Health lot fronting Orange near the hospital.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jernigan said:

Strange location.  They cite the Pacific NW but I just don’t see that happening there in the shadow of Hobby Lobby.   If I’ve gone that far, I’m probably eating at Se7en Bites.

When I think Portland, I think cramming foot trucks into the lot at Orange and Pine or even an empty Orlando Health lot fronting Orange near the hospital.

Off topic but is there a story behind that lot at Orange and Pine? Why has it always been empty?

9 minutes ago, bqknight said:

Off topic but is there a story behind that lot at Orange and Pine? Why has it always been empty?

Up until a few years ago there was an old two story building there that housed an old record store. There was a mural on the side that was painted in the early 80's of old time Orlando. Horse & buggy and a well known old photo if a guy sitting on an alligators back. The building burned sometime after 2000. Can't remember exactly which year. Looking for a pic.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, bqknight said:

There was a building there that burned about a decade ago.

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2005-02-27/news/0502250558_1_elijah-commercial-buildings-history-center

From the Sentinel

Edited by spenser1058