The Milk District

RedStar25

Decent place, but it is so small that it's absolutely ridiculous to even go when it is even moderately busy.  The night we went there were probably 3x as many people there as the place should have reasonably held.

A good problem, if you can expand.  A bad one, if you can't.

• Like 1

Not to mention the sidewalk there along Bumby is so narrow that you end up in the road thanks to all the people standing there drinking beers because there's not enough room on the patio.  I feel with the opening of the Milk house that there will need to be a hard look at whether or not Bumby needs to be as wide as it is still through there.

6 minutes ago, codypet said:

Not to mention the sidewalk there along Bumby is so narrow that you end up in the road thanks to all the people standing there drinking beers because there's not enough room on the patio.  I feel with the opening of the Milk house that there will need to be a hard look at whether or not Bumby needs to be as wide as it is still through there.

Bumby was originally widened from Colonial to Anderson in order to accommodate the city’s only shopping mall.

I think it would be a prime candidate for a road diet and relatively easy to do given it’s a city street instead of a state road.

Primrose seems to do fine narrowing to two lanes at Robinson St.

11 hours ago, codypet said:

Considering Crystal Lk was made wider 10 yrs ago, its possible all that 408 traffic moved there.

Road volumes on Robinson fall off pretty significantly at Bumby, so Robinson is slated for a road diet between the two, and some spot bike/ped improvements are recommended for Bumby. 

• Like 1

Some good news: 252 employees of Barton Malow are moving into the old Barnie’s warehouse just south of Colonial Lanes.

They had previously been at Milennia Lakes so this gets them into town. The redo of the building also turned out to be attractive.

https://bungalower.com/2019/05/15/barton-malow-company-moves-into-newly-rehabbed-milk-district-warehouse/

From Bungalower 

Edited by spenser1058

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, spenser1058 said:

Maybe it’s just me but it seems like the white w/black trim is becoming a thing in the Milk District.

I wonder if this is intentional or coincidental? So far, I’ve liked the results but if it continues unabated I think it could end up looking a tad Stepford-ish. 

I think it's supposed to be chic.

Ala Miami or New York.

As I've made my opinion on white buildings known before, no further commentary is required from me.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Orlando and OC have agreed to purchase The Plaza Live from the Phil, which will make it eligible for $7 million in renovations financed by the TDT.

A variety of improvements are proposed including outdoor facilities.

If it happens as planned, that will be a major improvement to Bumby Ave.

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/orange-county/os-ne-city-buys-plaza-live-20191008-ngegghys2rezfpy2mhjpov2abe-story.html

From the Sentinel 

• Like 2