The Milk District

RedStar25

On 6/9/2022 at 12:44 PM, angela1117 said:

Hmmm...the subway on Orange just north of Kaley has a closed sign on it too. I can't remember the exact wording if it said remodeling or temporarily closed.

This may be old news but it just caught my eye yesterday so new news to me at least. :tw_smile:

Renovating. It has been shut down for a little while. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Kimco is now proposing a much larger redevelopment of the Bumby Plaza. In the new plan every building from Starbucks to Bumby but be razed. This includes Toojays, Marshalls, Sprouts and B&N (not the Plaza).  They are proposing 3 options consisting of 4-7 story buildings and including 1100 to 1250 apartments.  Options also include 33,000 to 116,000 sqft of retail as well as additional office space. 

Per GS https://www.growthspotter.com/news/retail-dining-developments/gs-news-kimco-colonial-plaza-bumby-apartments-sprouts-20220726-4mu44ustljemva4ybkdnn7qhl4-story.html

W5CIHIJQWREGPAUVRWRATL5BFA.thumb.webp.5d201b9c58c49a7d50292753be6fc6cf.webp

• Like 1

I don't feel this is oversized or out of scale, especially given this is zoned AC-3 (Activity Center). However, I do agree the traffic- which is already horrendous- will become much more so when you add in nearly 2,000 new residents.

Btw, @spenser1058 the Goodyear is in the cross hairs in all of the plans. I guess the good news (for you) is there are several fairly new tenants that will be impacted that have 5 year leases with options. If this proposal ever gets underway, I suspect it is 10 years out.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, AmIReal said:

I don't feel this is oversized or out of scale, especially given this is zoned AC-3 (Activity Center). However, I do agree the traffic- which is already horrendous- will become much more so when you add in nearly 2,000 new residents.

Btw, @spenser1058 the Goodyear is in the cross hairs in all of the plans. I guess the good news (for you) is there are several fairly new tenants that will be impacted that have 5 year leases with options. If this proposal ever gets underway, I suspect it is 10 years out.

Conn's has only been there for about a year or so. 

Spent a lot of money on renovation, too. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, HankStrong said:

You laugh, but there was once a plan to double-deck 436 from the airport to 408 with a possible extension to I-4.  The upper deck would be tolled.

I think that was in the early 00s?

Yep, they wanted to double-deck I4 also, but Mayor Glenda stood up from her infamous red chair and told FDOT that dog wouldn’t hunt

2 hours ago, HankStrong said:

You laugh, but there was once a plan to double-deck 436 from the airport to 408 with a possible extension to I-4.  The upper deck would be tolled.

I think that was in the early 00s?

Yep, after Edgewood and Belle Isle torpedoed the Central Connector from downtown to the airport, they got a tad desperate for a while.

2 hours ago, codypet said:

Me just thinking about the Robinson St road diet public meeting last night and then immediately seeing this rendering. :tw_flushed:

Which rendering?

robinson-2-1024x562.jpg

robinson-1-1024x588.jpg

ROBINSON-3-1024x523.jpg

Screenshot-20220728-133448-2.jpg

I dunno.

If they're looking to make Robinson basically unusable for vehicle traffic, this should do it.  :thumbsup: 

• Like 1

The one element those renderings don't show, is the perpetual bumper to bumper line of cars that will become the normal state of affairs there during daytime business hours and weekends. 

I'm guessing the traffic will probably only look the way it's depicted after 8 pm, Sunday - Thursday. 

1 minute ago, JFW657 said:

The one element those renderings don't show, is the perpetual bumper to bumper line of cars that will become the normal state of affairs there during daytime business hours and weekends. 

I'm guessing the traffic will probably only look the way it's depicted after 8 pm, Sunday - Thursday. 

LOL.It’s worked out just fine on Edgewater, and unlike College Park, there are a lot more through streets to use as alternatives. You just won’t be able to barrel through at 50mph anymore. You’ll save gas and preserve the planet!

5 hours ago, JFW657 said:

Which rendering?

robinson-2-1024x562.jpg

I dunno.

If they're looking to make Robinson basically unusable for vehicle traffic, this should do it.  :thumbsup: 

That poor old man (on the cane) is about to walk right into the bus/shared lane. When I downloaded "The Sims 4"  I wasn't expecting this. No worries. Cheers. Queue up Livingston for the heavy traffic diversions!

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Jolly Roger's Crackers said:

That poor old man (on the cane) is about to walk right into the bus/shared lane. When I downloaded "The Sims 4"  I wasn't expecting this. No worries. Cheers. Queue up Livingston for the heavy traffic diversions!

That’s me with the cane headed to Beardall!

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, spenser1058 said:

That’s me with the cane headed to Beardall!

Uh ohhhh..... sounds like your legs aren't the only things wearing out.

I think your mind may be going, too.

Beardall is in the opposite direction. 

Have you been getting your directions confused a lot lately?  

Maybe you were headed up to Marks Street.

Or VMC.... ? 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, JFW657 said:

Uh ohhhh..... sounds like your legs aren't the only things wearing out.

I think your mind may be going, too.

Beardall is in the opposite direction. 

Have you been getting your directions confused a lot lately?  

Maybe you were headed up to Marks Street.

Or VMC.... ? 

Hey, I’m old!

5 minutes ago, Jolly Roger's Crackers said:

If it's any consolation....it will always be "Delaney School" to me. Cheers.

Amen.

They kept shifting us around. I was supposed to go to Concord Park but they tore it down the summer before 1st grade (it became McNamara Pontiac) and we were sent to Princeton.

After two years, OCPS did it again and sent me to Lake Silver.

Edited by spenser1058
  • Like 1