RedStar25

8 hours ago, spenser1058 said:

*takes @JFW657to Orange Cycle to get ready*

No bike lane east of Mills.  Wow

8 hours ago, JFW657 said:

Which rendering?

Screenshot-20220728-133448-2.jpg

I dunno.

If they're looking to make Robinson basically unusable for vehicle traffic, this should do it.  :thumbsup: 

Myself and a few of my colleagues are shocked.  Shocked.  No bike lane, so why do this? 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, codypet said:

No bike lane east of Mills.  Wow

Myself and a few of my colleagues are shocked.  Shocked.  No bike lane, so why do this? 

Apparently to calm the traffic and make it safer for people who never figured out that whole "crossing the street" thing. 

Personally I'm not sure what the point of any of it east of Mills is.

I get the purpose from Mills westward to wherever.

Make the traffic on Robinson around Lake Eola calm and slow and safe.

But from Mills eastward I say every man for himself, dang it!!!  

4 hours ago, JFW657 said:

Apparently to calm the traffic and make it safer for people who never figured out that whole "crossing the street" thing. 

Personally I'm not sure what the point of any of it east of Mills is.

I get the purpose from Mills westward to wherever.

Make the traffic on Robinson around Lake Eola calm and slow and safe.

But from Mills eastward I say every man for himself, dang it!!!  

Oh my.

6 hours ago, codypet said:

https://bungalower.com/2022/08/02/the-milk-district-proves-it-has-the-best-main-street-merchandise-once-again/

Dammit.  I want one, but that's not worth almost $90.  But have I pissed away $90 on stupider stuff?  Yes.

Better keep it inside like hanging in a window.

Hang it outside and it will grow legs and walk off by itself.  

• Like 1

When they were getting ready to tear down Hank’s Chevron, there was a guy at the Full Moon who said he managed to snag an old Standard Oil sign tucked away in back. Don’t know if it’s true, but it got me to wondering if there might be an old Gulf sign at that infamous station at Bumby and Robinson. If so, I really want it! Now that fern bars with old gas station signs are out of favor, maybe they’d sell it cheap…

• Like 1

12 hours ago, spenser1058 said:

When they were getting ready to tear down Hank’s Chevron, there was a guy at the Full Moon who said he managed to snag an old Standard Oil sign tucked away in back. Don’t know if it’s true, but it got me to wondering if there might be an old Gulf sign at that infamous station at Bumby and Robinson. If so, I really want it! Now that fern bars with old gas station signs are out of favor, maybe they’d sell it cheap…

Best I can do for you is dried out pool noodles.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Jolly Roger's Crackers said:

Work is starting on converting the old popcorn joint (on Primrose) to Smoke & Donuts. New sign is up and work is ongoing on the building. Didn't have my phone on me when I went by there today for photos (might swing by tomorrow).  Just an update for anybody interested. Cheers.

If your Donuts Smoke, does that cause lung cancer?

1 hour ago, Jolly Roger's Crackers said:

Work is starting on converting the old popcorn joint (on Primrose) to Smoke & Donuts. New sign is up and work is ongoing on the building. Didn't have my phone on me when I went by there today for photos (might swing by tomorrow).  Just an update for anybody interested. Cheers.

Thay have been going at it for a few months. They thought they'd open by Sept, but last I heard it may be a little longer.

On 8/3/2022 at 2:49 PM, codypet said:

https://bungalower.com/2022/08/02/the-milk-district-proves-it-has-the-best-main-street-merchandise-once-again/

Dammit.  I want one, but that's not worth almost $90.  But have I pissed away $90 on stupider stuff?  Yes.

Our cost on these including shipping's north of $50, unfortunately.   I'll do a $10 promo code - urbanplanet .  Pre-order ends on the 21st.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

I was at the Goodyear on Bumby yesterday and according to them the first that several of the stores heard about their possible demise was online or in the paper. As I sat there waiting for my car, I pondered the fact that place has been at CP for almost as many years as I’ve existed. 

The building is certainly not one you’d landmark (unlike Firestone on Orange Ave) but it will certainly seem odd any time I go by on that stretch if it goes away. That also includes the fact Goodyear has one of the coolest American corporate logos, imho, and they’re not at all shy about the way it’s spread atop the extensive collection of service bays.

(Note to @HankStrong: isn’t it interesting they’re an Ohio-based company with that color scheme?)

Edited by spenser1058

I've heard nothing but horror stories about that Goodyear.  I take my chances with that Discount Tire next to the rehab center on 436.

I'm convinced at leas some of the decision to take out those buildings is that they're some of the oldest in the plaza and the management company doesn't want to deal with keeping up with the renovation when something much more profitable from a management standpoint can exist.  As it relates to available rental capacity I mean there's a glut of available shopping space east of Maguire and like what's been mentioned before, there's room for the smaller places both inside the lower floors of the new building and on the east side of the current plaza that's to remain.

1 hour ago, codypet said:

I've heard nothing but horror stories about that Goodyear.  I take my chances with that Discount Tire next to the rehab center on 436.

I'm convinced at leas some of the decision to take out those buildings is that they're some of the oldest in the plaza and the management company doesn't want to deal with keeping up with the renovation when something much more profitable from a management standpoint can exist.  As it relates to available rental capacity I mean there's a glut of available shopping space east of Maguire and like what's been mentioned before, there's room for the smaller places both inside the lower floors of the new building and on the east side of the current plaza that's to remain.

I stick to easy stuff like tires and batteries there - if it gets more complex , it’s off to the dealer. Nevertheless, they’ve been there almost sixty years and it’s corporate owned, so there’s a fallback position if they mess something up. Over the years, I’ve just had one problem and one call to Akron took care of it.