Pantheon Park | PROPOSED

barakat

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Free Will Baptist site off West End is my guess, as it is for sale and close to DT and has a lot of historic structures. East Bank has a lot of land but the price would not be right. Free Will Baptist or as it is now known Welch College needs a buyer to pursue the campus they have planned in Joelton, that I think is the location of the proposed campus.

Cowan would work, however there are a lot of property owners to deal with and I would not want to be in a flood plain either. That is one of the reasons I would be very cautious about moving anything to Cowan unless the flooding issue could be solved. There was a lot of equipment lost in the last flood there.

There are a few buildings there with a lot of land that may be vacant and out of the flood zone, but there are zero historic structures in the area as they are all industrial structures.

The Neuhoff property would be another option as there is a lot of space and historic structures and is close to town.

Very true!  Neuhoff.  That could an interesting jump start to previous the plans for that area.

Cowan would work, however there are a lot of property owners to deal with and I would not want to be in a flood plain either. That is one of the reasons I would be very cautious about moving anything to Cowan unless the flooding issue could be solved. There was a lot of equipment lost in the last flood there.

There are a few buildings there with a lot of land that may be vacant and out of the flood zone, but there are zero historic structures in the area as they are all industrial structures.

The Neuhoff property would be another option as there is a lot of space and historic structures and is close to town.

The property has not been identified in the above.  My problem of not being able to identify the 100+ acre, one=owner site is the seller has asked not to be identified.

Whistle-Blower...one direction with several missions.  The verticle is entertainment which we have.  The object is to wrap education (on a very high level based on talent) and technology around the verticle in order to assure a constant flow of IT talent for Nashville in the future.  Nashville cannot duplicate thier peers success without capitalizing on what we have by providing much needed infrastructure and money to the creative classes.

Check out the G-Stars program in a Florida high school.  http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/42337498#42337498

The schools are one part of a much larger picture to simply provide a competitive sandbox and the best toys available to the most talented entertainment pool in the world.

• 1 month later...

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20130108/BUSINESS/301080014/Pantheon-Park-won-t-come-property-near-Music-City-Center?nclick_check=1

Pantheon Park looking elsewhere. Baldridge cites needing a larger tract. 

In the end, I think that's good for them. We'll see what comes to the site now, but I'm not optimistic they would keep any of the buildings.

It's tough always being right!

Well, you're not technically right...yet. The project will certainly not happen at that location. It remains to be seen if they can find a suitable area to build their "campus."

In order for it to be feasible, they probably need to look at a much lower cost of land, too.

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20130108/BUSINESS/301080014/Pantheon-Park-won-t-come-property-near-Music-City-Center?nclick_check=1

Pantheon Park looking elsewhere. Baldridge cites needing a larger tract. 

In the end, I think that's good for them. We'll see what comes to the site now, but I'm not optimistic they would keep any of the buildings.

The mention of the Fairgrounds and Bellevue Mall sites as alternatives for Pantheon are interesting, and certainly more viable, than the Methodist Publishing House site.  I would venture to guess that the Bellevue Mall site is perhaps the most viable of the two because of the political wrangling - at both the local and the State legislature levels -- that is involved with the Fairgrounds site. 

They should have scooped up HHM when it was a cool mil.  That tract of land could be a good retail area in DT.

I'll be perfectly honest...if I were building that sort of thing, and trying to attract that type of talent, I wouldn't place it in a...volatile...neighborhood. The Fairgrounds isn't wonderful, either...but I don't think the perception is nearly as negative. The positive with the Fairgrounds would be proximity. 

Hickory Hollow is about a mile closer to downtown, but Bellevue doesn't have the baggage.

Sad to think of this project going from high visibility to some isolated 100 acre campus where most people won't even know it exists. But it leaves the roundabout open for a giant guitar!

Well, as others pointed out...it's hard to think of something like that being feasible, especially at a cost in the range of $5,000,000 per acre. I'm thinking the only way something like that could succeed is if it was already there.

I think part of the issue was wanting to have everything on one site. If they want a downtown location, they're probably better off leasing space than building something new.

And yes, the holy phallic guitar building can finally go where it rightly deserves. Some day, we'll be able to brag about our 32 story erection.

I'll be perfectly honest...if I were building that sort of thing, and trying to attract that type of talent, I wouldn't place it in a...volatile...neighborhood. The Fairgrounds isn't wonderful, either...but I don't think the perception is nearly as negative. The positive with the Fairgrounds would be proximity. 

Hickory Hollow is about a mile closer to downtown, but Bellevue doesn't have the baggage.

It's not that bad.  If HCA can build there com center there, then HHM could be very useful as a mixed used revival.  This area needs something like 100 Oaks to rebound.  Built it and they will come.

Anyways, I hope more is considered at "the Globe" than a mall.  I know there is at least some mixed stuff there now or to be soon, but I'd really like to see much more.

I don't think Bellevue Mall is a choice since the poster here has ruled out being that far out from town (unless it has changed). What if it's Bells Bend :P.

The fairgrounds would be perfect since something like the idea has been proposed there before.  But who knows where, when, and if.

Archived