Tanger Outlets coming to Charlotte

cityboi

I have to agree with "SCOTTCLT", virtually all of these new stores including the main anchor (Off Saks) has a presence at Concord Mills.  I was hoping for some stores that do not have a market presence.  Hate to sound negative, but I hope there is a shake out of retailers in this complex after the holiday season and new stores that do not have a presence in the Charlotte metro move in...

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What overlap is there with Carolina Place? That seems like the greater "shake out," more so than Concord Mills.

That's honestly what I'm thinking.   Even with the overlap of stores with Concord Mills I don't really see people who are on the northern side of the county (and beyond) to be frequenting the south west side of the the county by the SC border all that much.   

I think there will be a hit at first for the novelty - but most people I know on either side don't LIKE to travel that much to the opposite sides. 

Carolina Place and Carolina Pavilion however could take more sizable hits (if not from this then definitely if the Bridges at Mint Hill project goes forward)

What overlap is there with Carolina Place? That seems like the greater "shake out," more so than Concord Mills.

Here are the only stores at Charlotte Premium Outlets that are not also at Concord Mills (nearly all which are not "premium")

Asics

Bebe

Body Shop

Chico's

Christopher & Banks

Cole Haan

Converse

Famous Footwear

Fossil

Francesca's

GH Bass

Gold Toe

Gymboree

Jos A Bank

Johnston & Murphy

Kate Spade

Le Creuset

Lindt Chocolate

Luggage Factory

Movado

New Balance

Puma

Robert Wayne Footwear

Quicksilver

Seiko

Steve Madden

Sunglasses Warehouse

Talbots

Tilly's

Under Armour

Uniform Outlet

White House Black Market

That only 31 out of 89 of the stores that do not also have a presence at Concord Mills. And basically all but a select few can be found elsewhere in Charlotte.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I drove through the "premium" outlets on Saturday and was surprised at how busy it seemed; virtually every parking spot was taken.

At least in theory this center has all of the traits of a future dead mall (off-the-beaten-path location; lack of real anchors; larger mall with similar stores in the area; and built during a wave of construction of similar centers), but for now it seems to be going amazinglystrong. 

• 2 months later...

Any update on how this mall is doing?  There was a report the other day on the news stating how there will be a parking issue during Black Friday.  I can only imagine, as I remember it being extremely difficult to find a parking spot when it first opened and even on a regular weekend.  

Archived