Lanes For Change-AP's road tax

Antrell Williams

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will also support this. Ascension Parish is running out of room, especially on the east bank. It will be a good idea to get a grip on on the traffic situation before Gonzales-P'ville become like a mini Baton Rouge as far as traffic is concerned.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I wouldn't consider it a major defeat that this lost if you were a supporter. I'd probably have relictantly supported it if I lived there.

It's incredibly difficult to sell a tax to citizens now even in the most liberal areas for anything. This will likely turn around with better economic news....and I'm sure a similar proposal will be pitched again within the next 4 or 5 years. Some of the improvements will happen anyway....just a little slower.

I'm fairly optimistic on Louisiana's fortune with TMS activity heating up and the recent surge in industrial development along the river. In time, voters will come around.

Archived