Harveston Baton Rouge TND Development

steve3n8

^Yeah, some of the names do sound a little bit...contrived. :lol: I just wish they would have went with the name Longwood, since its historic. Oh well, hopefully they plant as many plants as are on the rendering. I think that's partially what helps Willow Grove.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This will actually be a separate development so in all the Harveston area will have nearly 4000 houses.

"Plans submitted for The Lakes at Harveston

A concept plan has been submitted for The Lakes at Harveston, a 350-acre planned unit development (PUD) that will serve as a sister to the larger Harveston development in south Baton Rouge. From last year. According to documents filed with the city-parish Planning Commission, the development will have 1,000 single-family homes, a nearly 55-acre lake and 415,000 square feet of commercial/office space that could be occupied by retailers, a grocery store, restaurants or institutions such as churches or the YMCA. The Lakes at Harveston is behind University Club Plantation. It is on land not contiguous to the Harveston development, under construction south of Bluebonnet Boulevard and Highland Road, said John Fetzer, who is developing the project with Mike Wampold. Because the two properties are not contiguous, a separate PUD must be done for The Lakes at Harveston. The plan is to connect Harveston and The Lakes at Harveston with a road. Harveston Way, which will be the main thoroughfare connecting the two developments, will also connect with University Club Drive. It may be a while before the first houses start to be built in The Lakes at Harveston. The first 15 or so houses in the first phase of the larger Harveston development, called the Preserve at Harveston, are currently under construction. Plans are to develop 330 lots in the Preserve, so it could be three or four years before work starts in earnest on the Lakes."

http://theadvocate.com/csp/mediapool/sites/Advocate/assets/templates/FullStoryPrint.csp?cid=6740998&preview=y

Here's the outline of the two sites. I guess this will sort of be like Baton Rouge's Cinco Ranch.

hsp.jpg

I drove around the preserve and i doesn't look quite so bad in person. Maybe they should have used a different photographer??

• 9 months later...

Here's a rendering of the master plan of Harveston for the portion north of Bluebonnet.

image.png

I got it from this brochure  which is titled November 2011 but the dated created in properties say October 2014.

http://gulfsoutharchitecture.com/public/pdf/WHLC-Master-Planning_11-18-2011_web.pdf

This actually has a lot of masterplans. I'll have to post the other ones.

• 1 year later...

Construction to begin on latest section of Harveston

Developers John Fetzer and Mike Wampold have begun construction on what they’re calling part “3A” of The Preserve, the 95-acre first phase of their sprawling planned unit development Harveston.

Some 74 new lots will be developed in this part, adding to the total 230 lots already developed in the first two parts of The Preserve. Of those 230 lots, 110 are sold and another 30 are under contract. That leaves some 90 lots still unsold, including four model homes and 20 townhomes, but Fetzer says it’s not too soon to start developing the newest section.

Future plans include completing The Preserve with a part 3B, developing a commercial area with office and retail space, and developing an adjacent community, the Lakes at Harveston on a noncontiguous, 300-acre tract that backs up to University Club.

Archived