Demonbreun Lofts Roundabout (owned by Faison) | 7 floors (2 garage, 5 resdential) | PROPOSED

smeagolsfree

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, I'm not going to be nice about this one. This is an epic fail on the part of the architect. Your going to "activate the Demonbreun elevation" by putting resident only services at the street level? Please. We know that this will be as exciting to walk past as your nearest Walmart.

Also, don't try to fancy up your words. I know very well that "cementicious siding" equals stucco. If you're going to use stucco, just say it. But calling it by another name just shows that you are ashamed of it (as you should be).

I will not be polite when I see half-a$$ed architecture. Just because this development is in a high profile area doesn't mean that "anything" is acceptable. This development is no better than suburban condos.

What a let down.

Ok, I'm not going to be nice about this one. This is an epic fail on the part of the architect. Your going to "activate the Demonbreun elevation" by putting resident only services at the street level? Please. We know that this will be as exciting to walk past as your nearest Walmart.

Also, don't try to fancy up your words. I know very well that "cementicious siding" equals stucco. If you're going to use stucco, just say it. But calling it by another name just shows that you are ashamed of it (as you should be).

I will not be polite when I see half-a$$ed architecture. Just because this development is in a high profile area doesn't mean that "anything" is acceptable. This development is no better than suburban condos.

What a let down.

I have to say I agree completely. I'm sick and tired of Nashville getting mediocre, half assed crap forced upon it just because it has a reputation of being architectually conservative somehow. You know what, average looking architecture I can stomach, but like you said, half assing the way it fits into an urban neighborhood is unacceptable. This is supposed to be one of the premier addresses in the city, or so I thought, and we're going to have a stucco apartment block with a giant garage door on the front and resident only amenities. Way to fit into the community. They might as well just surround this with a giant brick wall, because they clearly want nothing to do with the neighborhood itself.

I agree with the criticisms, but still, I think it's fine and I'm pleased something is finally getting built here. It's not like this street is going to die for lack of restaurants. It's going to radically improve the urban feel of the area and bring several hundred people there, another tiny step in the massive level of apartment construction we need to create a real urban environment in the core. And it will be better to walk past than a WalMart because the ground floor is well fenestrated and there's no surface parking.

At least the ground floor isn't barred,unglazed windows into the garage like Note 16 and that new building on 18th. Fine buildings otherwise, but the parking isn't hidden.

I think the design is ok, and is light years ahead of the Miami, err, Rhythm across the street. Time will tell if I stick to that opinion, however. I am immensely disappointed by the lack of pulic street activation.

Ha! Miami, I get it now. Sand so bland. Decent infill at least.

Archived