Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dmillsphoto

Production Row - on the North Bank

7 posts in this topic

Story on the 6pm News on WSMV. Image cap from my TV below as I haven't found anything online. The idea is to make a pair of large sound stages off Cowan St. with eventual apartment/dwelling development and restaurants around the area.

Related link to a new tenant in the area.

http://www.4wall.com/press-center/4wall-entertainment-lighting-opens-62-000-square-ft-nashville-facility

SWLrZ.jpg

Good find. Very Intersting times in Nashville for sure.

This would fill an important need in Nashville's quest to become the 'Third Coast'. I had once suggested that a similiar project be constructed at the Fairgrounds. It could be a 'Universal Studios' type attraction with street scene sets and retail available to visitors and tourists.

That rendering looks familiar... I was in Nashville about 3 weeks ago, and actually had to turn around at that intersection. My question: Is there a sign up at that intersection, or have I seen that rendering on another post here at UP?

Would love to see stuff like this around town. I think it would do well.

This is a project that gets me excited, because this is the type of thing that will set us apart from other cities, even ones much larger than Nashville, because most cities don't have an economy suited to support this type of development. Every large city will get improved mass transit, tall buildings etc...but this is where we set ourselves apart from the pack!

Councilman Scott Davis, who represents this area, has been all about redeveloping the Cowan Street area since he took office a year ago. The flood plain is definitely an obstacle - particularly for the residential aspect - but at least some plans are being formulated for this area. The production aspect would work well within the existing industrial/warehouse base zoning. This area is pretty well cut off from the city by being sandwiched between the river and the Interstate, so it would be a good candidate for a master planned development if someone could acquire enough parcels.