Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

G W North

What digital camera should I buy?

If this is the wrong forum, someone please move this.

About 2.5 years ago, I bought one of the cheapest digital cameras I could find (I've posted many of the pictures on this forum). I think it was only 1MP (do they even make those anymore?). The quality of the pictures if very low though - not just the resolution but the colour. I also have a camera on my cell phone, but it's pretty much useless. I want to buy camera that is easy to use. I don't know anything about photography, and am not interested in learning. I don't want to have to focus, or adjust shutter speeds or aperatures (I've heard this term, don't know what it means), or do anything else. I just want to point and shoot. The only thing I want to every adjust is turning the flash on/off, and maybe occasionally zooming. I also want it to use flash memory, as I spent a lot of money on a high capacity flash card for my last camera, so I don't want it to go to waste. Finally, I don't want to spend much more than $300 Canadian. Can anyone recommend a camera that fits these criteria?

I'm in the market too for something around $300 US.

Looking for something digital that takes pics as well as my old Pentax K1000 35mm SLR.