Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
GRDadof3

Gerald R Ford Museum Expansion

5 posts in this topic

Looks like the Gerald R Ford Museum is looking to expand, for the first time since being built in the 1980's. It will also include a renovation of the existing space.

The museum expansion will add a two-story student learning center, renovate the museum to create new, interactive exhibits, and digitize historical documents in the museum, located in Grand Rapids, and the library, in Ann Arbor.

http://www.mlive.com/news/grand-rapids/index.ssf/2012/11/gerald_ford_presidential_museu.html

I fairly sure they built an expansion on the NW side back in 97. It looks like they want to mirror that to the SW side.

I fairly sure they built an expansion on the NW side back in 97. It looks like they want to mirror that to the SW side.

Ah yes, you're right Gorath. It'll be interesting to see how they make the exhibits more interactive.

Ah yes, you're right Gorath. It'll be interesting to see how they make the exhibits more interactive.

Would love to sit at the desk in the Oval Office. (Yes, I know.)

3 years later and it looks like they have the South end of the museum fenced off for this expansion. This is the only image I can find of it.

19432137659_6b299fb988_c.jpg