Specific Plans

barakat

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Go by the year that the plan was approved and that will give you a better idea of the current projects. The Westmont was the only big surprise I could find because of the rendering, but I will look closer when I have the time.

That's what I did. I figured most of the stuff from 2010-2012 was relevant.

Westmont looks pretty nice. Like the Enclave, but with brick and actually built up to the street. That should be good for that area.

I was happy to see the detail of 2400 West End's plans. The computer rendering is a bit bland, and I hate the colors. But if the actual finished product pans out more like the drawings in the specific plan, then I think it will be OK. Still don't like the big drop-off circle.

I like the drop-off circle and its placement. Hotels need them in this environment. Try navigating Commerce Street when the Renaissance [which has minimal space for drop-off] is booked up. There's nowhere for all the cars/taxis. Note how well the drop-off areas work at the Hutton and Loew's, because they are large enough and away from the street.

That's what I did. I figured most of the stuff from 2010-2012 was relevant.

Westmont looks pretty nice. Like the Enclave, but with brick and actually built up to the street. That should be good for that area.

I was happy to see the detail of 2400 West End's plans. The computer rendering is a bit bland, and I hate the colors. But if the actual finished product pans out more like the drawings in the specific plan, then I think it will be OK. Still don't like the big drop-off circle.

Thanks for the links. They are a treasure trove. Looking over the Homewood Suites plan, I think it will be a really really nice building. I like the links between the West End front and the Elliston Place sides. Plus, I think the building (especially wine bar) will activate the street level like we haven't seen along that stretch.

Archived