Davidson West: Bellevue, Bordeaux, Green Hills, MetroCenter, Nations, N Nashville

smeagolsfree

4 hours ago, markhollin said:

6124 Robertson Ave. (3 stories? 15 units) update: site being cleared.

Looking north from Robertson Ave., 1/2 block east of Waco Drive:

This is Hoss Mousavi and the architect is Aesh Design out of St Louis. These are the same architects that did the Phoenix on 51st. It was very modern and cutting edge, so we will see what they have planned for this one. 

At one time Richland South was going to sell if they could not develop it, so I guess they are forging ahead. They are a very under the radar company. They are also doing the bog project that runs between Bell road and Blue Hole with about 800 units.

• Like 2

Definitely not your grandma's church! 

This choice of location has fascinated me ever since I realized it was a church development. The building form and material choice also lends itself more to a Dollar Tree than a church, but then again the market drives what people and organzitions can afford.

• Like 3

I've been working on helping a  community theater decide on  how to build or obtain a building to become an event and arts space and I see where metal, pre-fab buildings are popular with churches. I think this had a steel frame, but not 100% sure. There are framing 'kits' (exterior only, with windows, doors and roof) available from Lowes for as little as $60k that we are looking at also.

I'm always curious as to what a building like this would cost, but they sold their former facility in the 12 South area, so they could afford something nice, I suppose.

A little off topic, but here are a few ideas we had;

Kit.thumb.jpg.b8b588058e92789607c1c629cfffa6c3.jpg

An open air proposal

1058107990_Openair.thumb.jpg.949895291cb302e16bdce3846d015e64.jpg

• Like 1

On 1/27/2021 at 9:02 AM, dxfret said:

Private schools like MBA,  Ensworth and Harpeth Hall have disgusting amounts of money.  Their campuses resemble country clubs.  Not the type of educational experience I would ever choose for a child, regardless of how much money I had to spend.  I prefer that kids have a “real world” educational experience. 

Wondering if the contributor knows firsthand of that "type of educational experience", you know, from experience.  If not, then where such knowledge based judgement may have been engendered would be the question, assuming it isn't based on crass, class resentment. As for consistency, contributor would surely feel the same about all college campuses you would think. Since I graduated MBA, can say for sure I would have been a screw off otherwise in co-ed public school, based on my 7~9 experience before transfer to the Hill. And I was not a child, since that "type of educational experience" is not for children. No doubt yours truly would not have been able to handle higher mathematics for 2 subsequent engineering degrees if that would be the "type of educational experience" I was looking for post-secondary, which I was.

• Like 2

On 3/3/2021 at 8:17 AM, markhollin said:

44TENN, March 3, 2021, site map.png

That intersection with 44th / Tennessee / Albion / railroad is really not my favorite. The misaligned streets, diagonal tracks (with a fair amount of industrial freight coming through), and the steep hill are an accident waiting to happen ... . Here's how it looks right now, with the existing American Towel building in place, looking west from Albion.

Albion.JPG.948b0eeddb8fd947fde0157e6e67b727.JPG

Edited by AsianintheNations
  • Like 1