Davidson West: Bellevue, Bordeaux, Green Hills, MetroCenter, Nations, N Nashville

smeagolsfree

4 hours ago, ThunderOne said:

Does anyone have information on the Greenway that is supposed to run from Vernon Ave to West Park? I can't find details online. Perhaps someone else is more resourceful than me.

Yes. There is a master plan for the Richland Creek Greenway to connect all the way to McNabb

There is no way I know of to see which project has priority. While Metro Parks seems to place value in adding new land/parks, it seems many projects get proposed and then.....nothing....for years. However, most greenway issues are impeded by property acquisition or easement. And limited funds

The only suggestion I have would be to send an email requesting status to Metro Parks

• Like 3

Frank and Jack May have paid Metro Government $6.82 million for 682 acres in the Bells Bend area (official address is 4382 Old Hickory Blvd.). Don't know how much they already own in that area, but it is substantial, as they at one time were planning  a massive mixed-use development to be called May Town.  That was shot down by local residents. No word on what the May brothers have in mind long-term with all these holdings.

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/mays-add-to-bells-bend-land-holdings/article_46b91dd2-a45b-11eb-a34c-6b9f47b21839.html

On 4/23/2021 at 4:32 PM, MLBrumby said:

I seem to recall that it's already zoned for industrial light.  So could they just put warehouses up all around there... a'la the east bank? 

They should move all the warehouses on the East Bank to Cockrill Bend and Bells Bend and make room for some more greenspace.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 4/23/2021 at 3:32 PM, MLBrumby said:

I seem to recall that it's already zoned for industrial light.  So could they just put warehouses up all around there... a'la the east bank? 

Its all zones AR 1 I think isthe correct zoning without looking. Agricultural is the default zoning. 

• Like 1

The 5.3 acre residential project at 4100 Indiana Ave. in The Nations has a bit more detail: It will be a dozen 4 story buildings featuring 151 units. Toll Brothers, INc. will be the developers; Lessard Design is the architect; Kimely-Horn is in charge of design. An August groundbreaking is planned.

The site’s zoning only permits industrial use, so the project team is seeking a change to accommodate design plans. The Metro Planning Commission will consider the development at its June 10 meeting.

More at NBJ here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2021/04/28/the-nations.html

4100 Indiana Ave, April 28, 2021, render.png

4100 Indiana Ave, April 28, 2021, diagram.png

This screen shote from Smeagolsfree's excellent development map shows the site highlighted in teal at the center of the frame:

4100 Indiana Ave, April 28, 2021, site map.png

• Like 4

Also, they do not address Indiana Ave between 41st and 42nd. There seems to be an alley accessibly from north of Indiana. Currently the road is a few feet higher than the site, with an industrial parcel to the south, so maybe that accounts for why, but seems... off.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, smeagolsfree said:

I was on the meeting for a while last night and I will say most of the neighbors are not happy with this project and are against it for a a variety or reasons....traffic, its too tall, we don’t want rentals in our community, there will be crime, traffic, why can’t they be condos, traffic......you get the picture.

So... in other words... ignoramuses that know absolutely nothing about any of the subjects they were referencing?  I mean I'm not exactly the sharpest knife in the drawer myself, so maybe I have no room to talk here.  I don't know.  But what must it be like to have a brain that sees any multi-story building and computes that to "OH NO... CRIME!"  I mean good grief... you'd think one would see the value in taking a second to think critically... or hell... conduct a simple google search at least, before devoting your time and energy toward going to one of these meetings and yelling at the sky.  

Edited by BnaBreaker
  • Like 1

On 4/28/2021 at 3:01 PM, markhollin said:

The 5.3 acre residential project at 4100 Indiana Ave. in The Nations has a bit more detail: It will be a dozen 4 story buildings featuring 151 units. Toll Brothers, INc. will be the developers; Lessard Design is the architect; Kimely-Horn is in charge of design. An August groundbreaking is planned.

Nice front view rendering. The street grid is such a mess through that industrial area to the east of the railroad tracks. IMHO, Indiana Ave or the Clifton stub should be reconnected across the tracks, even if just as a pedestrian crossing.

• Like 1

IMG_6194s.thumb.jpg.ac1b413a7d5715f19a5c5159c3fafeec.jpg

Edison Park update. Starting on the "stacked flats," which are being constructed with steel framing rather than the wood framing used for the townhomes that are in the foreground and to the right. The ground floor is parking, with each of the two households stacked above it having one narrow sliver to park two cars in tandem (https://cdn.tollbrothers.com/lifestyles/livethriveresidential/edison/floorplans/jan2021/EdisonPark_SF_Britton.pdf). The second floor is a 2 bedroom unit, and the third and fourth floors constitute a 3 bedroom unit with a terrace on the top floor. I personally find it a hard sell to have to climb three flights of stairs to get to my bedroom after a day's work, and it would provisionally appear that others agree with me, as they have already sold every single 2-bedroom unit, but only one of the 16 3-bedroom units. Could also be the fact that the townhomes offer nearly the same layout as the 3-bedroom units, without the hassle of tandem garage parking and the extra flight of stairs. We'll see, these are obviously selling well long before the units have even been finished, so I'm sure it's only a matter of time before the fourth floor terraces fill up as well.

• Like 4