Davidson West: Bellevue, Bordeaux, Green Hills, MetroCenter, Nations, N Nashville

smeagolsfree

2 minutes ago, markhollin said:

Groundbreaking was held for the new Hillwood H.S. in Bellevue. The $100 million project on 274 acres at 8001 Highway 70 South will be 3 stories tall in sections, and will serve 1,600 students.  Hastings is the architect.  Messer Construction is the contractor.  An Aug. 2023 opening is planned. 

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/notes-residential-project-seemingly-slated-for-state-owned-site/article_46cd934c-b361-11eb-bf2a-93785845138e.html

Hillwood High School, Bellvue, June 5, 2019, render 1.png

Hillwood High School, Bellvue, June 5, 2019, render 2.png

Hillwood High School, Bellvue, June 5, 2019, render 4.png

Hillwood High School, Bellvue, June 5, 2019, render 6.png

Hillwood HS, May 13, 2021, render 1.png

Hillwood HS, May 13, 2021, render 2.png

This screen shot from Smeagolfree's excellent development map shows the site highlighted in red at the center of the frame:

Hillwood HS, May 13, 2021, site map.png

Wow!  Really 274 acres? What are the minimum land reqs for schools in Davidson? Looks mostly wooded. Conservation easement doesn’t apply here but any commitment from MNPS to keep the remaining land undeveloped? Or is that slated for a park?

3 hours ago, MLBrumby said:

Wow!  Really 274 acres? What are the minimum land reqs for schools in Davidson? Looks mostly wooded. Conservation easement doesn’t apply here but any commitment from MNPS to keep the remaining land undeveloped? Or is that slated for a park?

It used to be a church, the undeveloped land has trails and such. It's very hilly but could support a subdivision like Saddle Ridge. Given that Metro is moving Hillwood HS six miles away from Hillwood expressly to sell the high-value land and pad their budget I wouldn't expect them to keep this for long. I missed the public meetings though so not sure what they promised.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Poplar Bend will be an 11 building, 329 unit affordable residential project at 0 Newsome Station Rd. at McCrory Lane. I'm guessing the structures will each be at least 3 stories.  ECG McCrory, LP is the developer.  No word on the architect or contractor.  

Here is a diagram I found online:

Poplar Bend Elmington, May 6, 2021.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

AHC Nashville (2 story retirement/nursing home) update: fencing up, excavation underway.

Looking NW from intersection of Warner St. and 19th Ave. North:

AHC, May 16, 2021, 1.jpeg

Looking west from intersection of Warner St. and 19th Ave. North:

AHC, May 16, 2021, 2.jpeg

Looking north from intersection of Warner St. and 19th Ave. North:

AHC, May 16, 2021, 3.jpeg

• Like 4

Good to see they're keeping the wall, but I have the same concerns as with Giarratana's Alcove tower on Church with that stone wall... how long will it hold the earth behind it? If it were to shift or collapse, then what would that do to the building?  More of a concern with this project than with the tower.  I'm sure the pilings will keep the building from being compromised, but the road behind the wall looks very iffy! 

Edited by MLBrumby

On 5/10/2021 at 1:02 PM, ThunderOne said:

it is only a matter of time before more traffic lights and cross walks pop up along centennial, especially given the population density is going to go through the roof with all apartment complexes. I would contact Mary Carolyn and ask her what the city's plans are.

Sometime in the last two weeks or so, it would seem that the intersection of Centennial and 51st has been changed, though not in the way I was expecting. They created a slip lane for turning right when approaching southbound on 51st Ave N. This would probably mostly benefit oil trucks, I would imagine. The crosswalk is therefore now split into two legs with the triangular island in between. I'll try to grab a photo. I didn't see any other changes to the intersection at a glance.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, rolly said:

These are turning out great, with the nice little crown. Love the concrete construction.

Agreed. Speaking of concrete: I wonder what impact the dramatic surge in lumber prices has had in building cost calculus for concrete vs timber for the ubiquitous 3 - 6 story apartment/condo construction?

• Like 1