Davidson West: Bellevue, Bordeaux, Green Hills, MetroCenter, Nations, N Nashville

smeagolsfree

2 hours ago, markhollin said:

North Nashville: 2407 Hyde Townhomes (3 stories, 16 units) update: exterior nearing completion.

Looking NW from 24th Ave. North, 1/2 block north of Simpkins St:

2407 Hyde Townhomes, June 26, 2021, 1.jpeg

Looking SW from intersection of Hyde St. and 24th Ave. North:

2407 Hyde Townhomes, June 26, 2021, 2.jpeg

This is a weird clashing of materials....

• Like 1

On 7/10/2021 at 6:56 PM, rookzie said:

I just stumbled upon these two references to the site of the former Sun Trust bank at 3811 Hillsboro Pk.  I've seen no follow-up on this, but for some time now this darling edifice, originally one of the city's Third National Bank branches.  They were build during the post WW-II era (around 1953) as examples of simplified,  rectilinear Egyptian post-moderne Art-Deco, in limestone cladding with a characteristic scalloped cornice below the coping, and with contrasting dark granite plinth.

Instead of being razed, this structure was saved and transformed into a Chase Bank not very long ago.  A similar former Sun Trust (nee-Third National) branch at 1718 West End also was retained to become a Fifth-Third branch.  We lost the Sun Trust near Third Ave. S. at Lindsley (across from "3rd and Lindley" Bar and Grill) a few years ago, to make way for the current 6-story LifeStorage self-storage facility.

o.jpg

This type of Nashville history is one of the main reasons I spend time on this forum.  Please share as much of this as you can!  The knowledge you have in your head are valued here!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I have seen the master plan. The more dense areas of the project are closer to the Interstate, then to the west and south would be town homes and a park, and then further to the south would be single family homes. Typical suburban style planned communities we would see in Williamson County, but I could do without the sgl. family homes as it is still pretty sparse and the density could be a whole lot more.

• Thanks 3

2 hours ago, smeagolsfree said:

I have seen the master plan. The more dense areas of the project are closer to the Interstate, then to the west and south would be town homes and a park, and then further to the south would be single family homes. Typical suburban style planned communities we would see in Williamson County, but I could do without the sgl. family homes as it is still pretty sparse and the density could be a whole lot more.

Davidson needs more developments like this in my opinion. 

1 hour ago, samsonh said:

Davidson needs more developments like this in my opinion. 

I could be misunderstanding your post, so apologies if I am. 

Davidson really does not need more sprawl style development. Let the surrounding counties handle that but with all the major corridors we have, we need to had more dense developments focused on areas where transit can efficiently get to people.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Bos2Nash said:

I could be misunderstanding your post, so apologies if I am. 

Davidson really does not need more sprawl style development. Let the surrounding counties handle that but with all the major corridors we have, we need to had more dense developments focused on areas where transit can efficiently get to people.

What I mean is that Davidson needs developments where families feel comfortable and safe moving in. This land is perfect for that. I would rather these developments go here than Thompson's Station or south of Spring Hill. We do need more dense developments and have plenty of those happening. But not everyone wants to live in density. And this land isn't great for a dense development. 

• Like 2

Well I do agree we need more mixed use developments, I think the density is going to have to be at a much higher rate and we are going to have to have a lot more of them. Open land is going to be a rarity in Davidson County unless you go North and West. I think we all know what will happen when those areas start to get approached by developers and a lot of that land is going to be rather costly to develop because of the terrain. The neighbors in the Bells Bend area will absolutely start a riot and get their guns starting at Lewis Country Store and they will all be flying the stars and bars screaming they want to secede from Metro. If you don't believe take a drive by the store sometime.

But I digress back to the topic, those are the areas that are going to have to be developed in order for Metro to grow.

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, AsianintheNations said:

Earlier this week, all the existing structures on the 3800 Charlotte site were demolished. Noticeable from I-40 with that hangar-like structure at the foot of the hill now gone. When I first moved here, I thought that it was actually an entryway connected into the hill itself with, you know, something like a Batcave under the hill. But alas, no Batmobiles ever emerged.

Edit: for those who don't drive this route, here's a Google Streetview shot prior to demolition to illustrate my confusion

image.png.d3f3e1655d56528c4cfc9804cde5a833.png

That's where TDOT keeps their salt for winter roads (or maybe it’s Metro?).  Guess they’ll have to find some other place to keep their road salt.

Edited by titanhog
  • Thanks 1