Davidson West: Bellevue, Bordeaux, Green Hills, MetroCenter, Nations, N Nashville

smeagolsfree

6 hours ago, titanhog said:

That's where TDOT keeps their salt for winter roads (or maybe it’s Metro?).  Guess they’ll have to find some other place to keep their road salt.

I know they kept the highways and Pikes clear and all, but the amount of salt they spread on the roads in the Nations during the ice/snow storm at the end of last winter could fit in a salt shaker.

Edited by AsianintheNations
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/15/2021 at 11:22 AM, markhollin said:

This screen shot from Smeagolfree's excellent development map shows the site highlighted in teal at the center of the frame:

Seems like a great opportunity to connect Summit Avenue to Summit Avenue.

• Like 2

The Residence Inn by Marriott (6 stories, 124 rooms, 4,000 sq. ft. restaurant) that has been long-planned for vacant 3 acres at 261 French Landing Drive in MetroCenter appears to finally be moving forward. MetroCenter Partnership LLC has been granted a tree removal permit for the site.  No word on architect or contractor. No rendering yet, either.

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/work-on-metrocenter-hotel-project-seemingly-to-start/article_b36ec5a0-e8dd-11eb-a854-43c65afecb0e.html

This screen shot from Smeagolsfree's excellent development map shows the site highlighted in teal at the center of the frame:

Residence Inn MetroCenter, July 20, 2021, site map.png

• Like 4

16 hours ago, Bos2Nash said:

It will also be interesting how Metro gets the new collector street built as it is schedule to cross four private parcel that extend north out of the frame.

Thanks for compiling all these plans into one clear map! Is the new collector street the one called "Proposed Road B" that runs along the powerline right of way and is only currently depicted in the proposal on the left?

Edited by AsianintheNations
  • Like 1

Interesting... I learn all sorts of things on this forum. 

So what distinguishes a Collector Avenue from an Access Road (think I might guess) and a Thoroughfare/Boulevard (or are those generic types of streets)?  Nashville might be the worst large city for having consistent street names (not to mention changing names on a whim... or worse, just a few blocks), but do the names of the streets have to align with the designation? (Example: A CA# will be called _____ Avenue ... not street/road/drive) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MLBrumby said:

Interesting... I learn all sorts of things on this forum. 

So what distinguishes a Collector Avenue from an Access Road (think I might guess) and a Thoroughfare/Boulevard (or are those generic types of streets)?  Nashville might be the worst large city for having consistent street names (not to mention changing names on a whim... or worse, just a few blocks), but do the names of the streets have to align with the designation? (Example: A CA# will be called _____ Avenue ... not street/road/drive) 

Glad to hear! Another thing to this is that the Collector plan only covers more "major streets" and not so much Local streets. I don't really believe the plan associates with the naming of streets because like Smeags said, there is no rhyme or reason to some of the streets in the city haha. The plan outlines everything within a street's ROW including sidewalks, bike lanes, traffic lanes, parking lanes. The interactive map (which can be found here) will show local streets, but aren't specifically addressed by the MCSP. Local roads typically are only guided for right of way width. here are the main roads that are discerned within the MCSP.

image.png.5e4d48d0a8a1474ae44d974d711f8cf4.png

image.png.3eefa35254c1afef3abe222e6c08c125.png

If folks are more interested in understanding the guidance for the street design, the complete, 84-page Major Collector Street Plan can be accessed here.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

57 minutes ago, Andy20 said:

I’m not sure if this has been mentioned anywhere, but it looks like Sky Nashville near Charlotte and 440 might be moving forward.

There has been no movement on this for months and all of Ardivan's permits have expired. Have you seen or heard something to the contrary as he is seemingly the used car salesman of developers. He have not developed anything of note and all he has done is talk, talk, talk. Even the web site he has used in the past has not been updated in a couple of years.