Davidson West: Bellevue, Bordeaux, Green Hills, MetroCenter, Nations, N Nashville

smeagolsfree

26 minutes ago, donNdonelson2 said:

The Nashvillenownext article says the development aims to offer attainable rates. What does that mean exactly, as opposed to affordable rates?

Holladay Ventures is one of the local affordable housing developers so I would presume "attainable" may hover between 80% and 100% of the AMI. Affordable housing is below 80% AMI and Low-Income is below 60%.

For those interested, according to Census data (which is being updated) between 2015 and 2019 the Median Income per household for Nashville-Davidson County was $59,828 which was compared to the national average of $62,843

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, markhollin said:

Habitat Humanity is having another large build called Sherwood Homes, a 2 story set of 26 townhomes at the intersection of Ewing Drive and Gwynnwood Drive in North Nashville.

More info here:

https://www.habitatnashville.org/sherwood-commons

Sherwood Homes, Aug 16, 2021, render.png

It's a good thing that this will get built. I just wish some thought, some level of design, could go into not making a big asphalt parking lot the center of the development. Affordable doesn't have to be plain. 

Edited by Nash_12South
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, markhollin said:

Red Seal Homes is developing Trinity II which will be 111 three story townhomes on 8.72 acres at 0 Trinity Lane. The architect is BSB Design; engineering by Catalyst Design Group.

Cool, just wish with these massive townhome developments that they had more individuality to the townhomes. The uniformity gets numbing after awhile.

Also, is that address a typo? I know it shows up that way on the source webpage, but I didn't think 0 was a valid address and this is very close to 819 W Trinity Lane.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, markhollin said:

Red Seal Homes Trinity II, Aug 18, 2021, render 1.png

Red Seal Homes Trinity II, Aug 18, 2021, render 2.png

I'm really not a fan of the walls that create a very harsh division between the development and the street. With the current slate of development up there, W Trinity Lane should be renamed to W Trinity Highway as that is all the road is at this point beyond Whites Creek Pike.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Bos2Nash said:

I'm really not a fan of the walls that create a very harsh division between the development and the street. With the current slate of development up there, W Trinity Lane should be renamed to W Trinity Highway as that is all the road is at this point beyond Whites Creek Pike.

Yeah, that's about right. The 40mph speed limit is more like a minimum and traffic engineers diabolically put the crosswalk from Haynes Middle at the apex of a curve, meaning any pedestrians are in the blind spot of traffic going both ways. New housing is turning into STRs and guests are parking their cars on the sidewalk. 

Among the many things Metro needs to figure out, is how it wants its roads and streets to function and how to align development appropriately because right now almost every road and street in Nashville is treated as though its primary function is to move vehicle traffic as fast as possible.

• Like 3

22 hours ago, markhollin said:

Red Seal Homes is developing Trinity II which will be 111 three story townhomes on 8.72 acres at 0 Trinity Lane. The architect is BSB Design; engineering by Catalyst Design Group.

More at NashvilleNowNext here:

https://nashvillenownext.com/2021/08/18/red-seal-homes-continues-activation-of-trinity-lane-with-new-development/

Red Seal Homes Trinity II, Aug 18, 2021, render 1.png

Red Seal Homes Trinity II, Aug 18, 2021, render 2.png

Red Seal Homes Trinity II, Aug 18, 2021, render 3.png

I believe the location is highlighted in teal at the center of the frame from the screen shot of Smeagolsfree's excellent development map:

Red Seal Homes Trinity II, Aug 18, 2021, site map.png

This replaces the two large apartment buildings that were proposed for this site. Been slammed and have not been able to get WW to report as it is still on his list.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, smeagolsfree said:

This replaces the two large apartment buildings that were proposed for this site. Been slammed and have not been able to get WW to report as it is still on his list.

Previous Plan:

image.thumb.png.aa7e7965e8e8e37787bced42678e7368.png

New Plan:

image.thumb.png.adf7b7d04b5c347d64e50d9ccb7124f4.png

At least they have moved away from the larger surface lots. Plenty of things I don't like, but at least the non-surface parking is a silver lining

• Like 3

On 8/18/2021 at 10:28 AM, smeagolsfree said:

I know William loves the building and a lot of you do to, but I think it is butt Ugly!

It's iconic for the area.  It has charm and it gives character to an otherwise blah street. 

Not a bird of paradise, but "butt ugly" ?  C'mon, this is a jewel compared to most of the crap along Charlotte Pike.    What does one call this little gem?  

image.thumb.png.a5d6bc5f4410b08c6653c820b4b37b6a.png

What did they think the urn would do?  Add charm? Elegance?  I'm sure the building looks better than it did before this exquisite renovation.... but since the  business is closed, maybe its ashes are in that urn... :tw_tounge_xd:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2