Davidson West: Bellevue, Bordeaux, Green Hills, MetroCenter, Nations, N Nashville

smeagolsfree

There was not a lot of info on D Tracker about this one and these apartments seem to be now sprouting up all over Davidson County. I am going to be way behind on the map guys as I am without a computer and cannot easily update the map either. So I am going to need some help updating the Development Map!

• Thanks 2

On 8/18/2021 at 11:37 AM, markhollin said:

Red Seal Homes is developing Trinity II which will be 111 three story townhomes on 8.72 acres at 0 Trinity Lane. The architect is BSB Design; engineering by Catalyst Design Group.

More at NashvilleNowNext here:

https://nashvillenownext.com/2021/08/18/red-seal-homes-continues-activation-of-trinity-lane-with-new-development/

And behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/residential-project-planned-for-county-s-north-side/article_ced8b2ea-012b-11ec-b3cd-17bee0c45c80.html

Red Seal Homes Trinity II, Aug 18, 2021, render 1.png

Red Seal Homes Trinity II, Aug 18, 2021, render 2.png

Red Seal Homes Trinity II, Aug 18, 2021, render 3.png

I believe the location is highlighted in teal at the center of the frame from the screen shot of Smeagolsfree's excellent development map:

Red Seal Homes Trinity II, Aug 18, 2021, site map.png

I own one of their units at 2Aves, many of the residents with flat roofs have had leaking problems already, I was told by one of the sales team that they are "never going to do flat roofs again"... LOL

• Thanks 2

On 8/21/2021 at 4:33 PM, AsianintheNations said:

And something I'm much more excited about - a crew has been going down Morrow and installing new sidewalks! They started at Georgia Ave and have moved northwest, replacing the sorry half-sidewalk that used to run there and get narrower/more overrun by grass and mini-landslides until it completely petered out by Michigan. They've made it to the segment between Michigan and Kentucky, where the first half up to the alley used to have no sidewalk at all (pictured below), while the second half already has a modern sidewalk thanks to Kenrow Corner. After that, the only remaining gap will be Kentucky to Tennessee, but that's going to be the toughest, with large brick mailboxes, large tree trunks, and fences where a sidewalk on this side of the street would go. Not sure what their plan is for this, but hopefully they won't leave the one-block gap. From Tennessee onwards to the end of Morrow, there are good sidewalks on both sides of the road; my hubNashville request to realign the crosswalk across Morrow at Tennessee so as not to lead straight into a giant electrical pole is still open, but hopefully they will address that as well.

IMG-6765s.jpg.d975d1ad107091be3f6209b32e4e5edf.jpg

This is amazing!! I hope they continue this trend elsewhere in the area.

• Like 3

One thing for you folks that live in the Nations; the Industrial parcels that are at the SE intersection of Briley & Centennial are now listed on LoopNet for sale. A total of 28 acres and again all zoned industrial.

I think this will continue to stay zoned industrial as it would be a very difficult area to zone for RS4

https://www.loopnet.com/Listing/Centennial-Blvd-Nashville-TN/23939419/

Speaking of RM4 there are almost 3 hundred acres up for rezoning on Hwy 12 just off of Briley on the right from AR2 I think it is. The RM4 which will allow for multi-housing units to be built here.  This will really make the folks at Lewis Country Store go crazy.

A request to rezone from AR2a and SP to RM4 zoning for properties located at 4539 and 4608 Cato Road and Cato Road (unnumbered), and Ashland City Highway (unnumbered), approximately 1,000 feet west of Amy Lynn Drive (290.14 acres), requested by Dale & Associates, applicant; James R. Overby, owner.

Application Submittal 7/14/2021
MPC Agenda Date 8/26/2021
Administrative Approval  
Case # 2021Z-079PR-001
Ordinance #  
Previous Ordinance #'s  
Associated Case #  
Associated Bond #  
Reviewer Logan Elliott
Application Name  
Application Type Rezoning
Application Scope A request to rezone from AR2a and SP to RM4 zoning for properties located at 4539 and 4608 Cato Road and Cato Road (unnumbered), and Ashland City Highway (unnumbered), approximately 1,000 feet west of Amy Lynn Drive (290.14 acres), requested by Dale & Associates, applicant; James R. Overby, owner.
Scanned Application View Scanned Application
Scanned Plans View Scanned Plan
Property Address / Location 0 ASHLAND CITY HWY 37218

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, markhollin said:

Charlotte View West is a  4 story structure with 44 residential units, plus two 3 story segments of 13 townhomes is being proposed by an unknown developer on the thin strip of land separating Charlotte Pike and Old Charlotte Pike  in Bellevue.  No renderings, but a diagram is available. 

More at NashvilleNowNext here:

https://nashvillenownext.com/2021/08/23/narrow-development-proposed-between-charlotte-old-charlotte-pikes/

I saw this a couple of weeks ago on the Metro development tracker when it first popped up. It's not like land is at a premium out there (well, not any more than anywhere else). Plus Charlotte will be widened to 5 lanes there in the next 10 years or so.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, smeagolsfree said:

One thing for you folks that live in the Nations; the Industrial parcels that are at the SE intersection of Briley & Centennial are now listed on LoopNet for sale. A total of 28 acres and again all zoned industrial.

I think this will continue to stay zoned industrial as it would be a very difficult area to zone for RS4

Speaking of RM4 there are almost 3 hundred acres up for rezoning on Hwy 12 just off of Briley on the right from AR2 I think it is. The RM4 which will allow for multi-housing units to be built here.  This will really make the folks at Lewis Country Store go crazy.

A request to rezone from AR2a and SP to RM4 zoning for properties located at 4539 and 4608 Cato Road and Cato Road (unnumbered), and Ashland City Highway (unnumbered), approximately 1,000 feet west of Amy Lynn Drive (290.14 acres), requested by Dale & Associates, applicant; James R. Overby, owner.

Application Submittal 7/14/2021
MPC Agenda Date 8/26/2021
Administrative Approval  
Case # 2021Z-079PR-001
Ordinance #  
Previous Ordinance #'s  
Associated Case #  
Associated Bond #  
Reviewer Logan Elliott
Application Name  
Application Type Rezoning
Application Scope A request to rezone from AR2a and SP to RM4 zoning for properties located at 4539 and 4608 Cato Road and Cato Road (unnumbered), and Ashland City Highway (unnumbered), approximately 1,000 feet west of Amy Lynn Drive (290.14 acres), requested by Dale & Associates, applicant; James R. Overby, owner.
Scanned Application View Scanned Application
Scanned Plans View Scanned Plan
Property Address / Location 0 ASHLAND CITY HWY 37218

That is a bummer, I was hoping we'd get a grocery store there.

• Like 1

On 8/23/2021 at 12:22 PM, smeagolsfree said:

This includes the current Living Earth site at 6401 Centennial, right? Sigh, I liked being able to take over my yard waste anytime to be mulched instead of having to wait for the quarterly pickup.

Also seems to abut the West Nashville Wrecker lot and is across Centennial from Southern Recycling, notorious for their exploding propane tanks early in the morning that feel like seismic activity.

I agree, having a really hard time seeing how this site would be attractive for anything other than industrial use ... but then again, I felt that way about the other industrial lots on Centennial, and evidently people are willing to pay top dollar to live right next to all the giant oil storage tanks.

• Like 1

On 8/17/2021 at 8:50 PM, AsianintheNations said:

The Nations Auto Sales lot at the corner of Charlotte and 51st (across 51st from the Ferrero Rocher Regions Bank and Coco's) seems to now be empty. Anyone know if there's anything interesting going in its place?

Saw a sign on the site the other day saying some sort of food truck was coming soon.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, GregH said:

Saw a sign on the site the other day saying some sort of food truck was coming soon.

Yeah, saw that too! I didn't snap a photo but I believe it said something along the lines of "Zydeceaux Kitchen" (definitely not sure about the spelling, but I recall it starting like Zydeco and ending like Bourdeaux). Sounded like Cajun food. Whatever it is, it's more interesting to me than the used car shop. That intersection has so much unrealized potential ...

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, samsonh said:

Looks like demo permit has been issued for old Watkins property in MetroCenter. That project, combined with the numerous other multifamily projects in the area, are poised to completely transform that area. And also hopefully make it safer. 

Environmental Abatement will handle the demo courtesy of a $125,000 permit.  Still not many details on Chartwell Residential's plans for the site other than it will entail about 350 units in numerous structures over 2 phases.  Still no renderings. 

More info behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/notes-work-starts-on-wedgewood-houston-office-building/article_eb126586-075d-11ec-a5f5-13437c4f62a8.html

This screen shot from Smeagolsfree's excellent development map shows the site for Phase I highlighted in teal at the center of the frame.  Phase II will be directly to the north on the other side of the pond. 

Chartwell Residential, MetroCenter, Aug 27, 2021, site map.png

• Like 3

The new Green Hills CVS Pharmacy to be built on the former sit of the Krystal's at 3715 Hillsboro Pike has landed a $1.1 million permit to begin construction.

Once completed, the current location across Crestmoor Rd. to the south with be demolished to make way for the intersection realignment between Crestmoor and Glen Echo Rd. at Hillsboro Rd into one interchange instead of two.

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/permit-patrol-30-august-2021/article_b7573732-074c-11ec-8639-53a54a11c573.html

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1