Davidson West: Bellevue, Bordeaux, Green Hills, MetroCenter, Nations, N Nashville

smeagolsfree

18 hours ago, markhollin said:

Novel Lion's Head has submitted these new diagrams/renderings for the Community Meeting happening this Sunday, Oct. 3rd, 5:30-7:30 PM at West End Community  Church at 235 White Bridge Rd. 

They are now asking for a maximum of 300 units (had been 285), and a structure that would be 5 & 6stories tall (had gone up to 7 stories previously).

Novel Lion's Head, Sept 30, 2021, diagram 1.png

Novel Lion's Head, Sept 30, 2021, diagram 2.png

Novel Lion's Head, Sept 30, 2021, rendering.png

but this will bring too much crime and traffic and people we may not like to our neighborhood!!

• Like 4

On 9/30/2021 at 4:43 PM, markhollin said:

Novel Lion's Head has submitted these new diagrams/renderings for the Community Meeting happening this Sunday, Oct. 3rd, 5:30-7:30 PM at West End Community  Church at 235 White Bridge Rd. 

They are now asking for a maximum of 300 units (had been 285), and a structure that would be 5 & 6stories tall (had gone up to 7 stories previously).

Well, they're certainly not getting started on anything til November, seeing as the former Stein Mart has been hastily converted into a Spirit Halloween shop :tw_tongue:!

Edited by AsianintheNations
  • Haha 3

Neighbors divided over Jefferson Street Interstate Cap Project.

https://www.newschannel5.com/news/community-divided-over-initial-plans-for-cap-over-i-40-in-north-nashville

I see the dilemma here as you are darned if you do and darned if you don’t. The area wants something nice, but it will invite gentrification and there is no way you can stop folks from selling their homes and businesses if someone comes in and makes you an offer you can’t refuse.

I am sort of a realist here, as this is like a 140 million dollar project to cap the interstate and the Federal government is in debt over a giraffe’s eyeballs. Maybe if you have the extra money, yes, but 140 million could be used in that community for a lot of other things. Not to mention what they could do with those funds to help affordable housing and the homeless situation in Nashville. A cap is sort of silly in the grand scheme of things IMO.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 10/9/2021 at 10:37 PM, smeagolsfree said:

Neighbors divided over Jefferson Street Interstate Cap Project.

https://www.newschannel5.com/news/community-divided-over-initial-plans-for-cap-over-i-40-in-north-nashville

I see the dilemma here as you are darned if you do and darned if you don’t. The area wants something nice, but it will invite gentrification and there is no way you can stop folks from selling their homes and businesses if someone comes in and makes you an offer you can’t refuse.

Absolutely there will be unintended consequences like displacement, residents leaving etc. What is Councilperson Hurt expecting? A beautification process occurs and the status quo is also maintained? That is just not how things work. That being said, being involved (because this thing hasn't been designed yet, not really) is the best way to get folks to buy in and want to stay in the area. Looking at Google Maps we can see that there will be a number of residential units facing the cap along the northern border of it. Along the southern border of the cap I would expect some redevelopment because those structures cannot relate to the cap. Hopefully that redevelopment can be done with local businesses, but my guess that may be hard pressed.

image.thumb.png.130f039c6deaeed34294b1a2b1cc9758.png

On 10/9/2021 at 10:37 PM, smeagolsfree said:

I am sort of a realist here, as this is like a 140 million dollar project to cap the interstate and the Federal government is in debt over a giraffe’s eyeballs. Maybe if you have the extra money, yes, but 140 million could be used in that community for a lot of other things. Not to mention what they could do with those funds to help affordable housing and the homeless situation in Nashville. A cap is sort of silly in the grand scheme of things IMO.

The 140 million is unfortunately earmarked for a project very specific to this though. That kind of money could totally be used elsewhere, but IIRC it was applied for and approved specifically for an interstate cap in an area that the interstate tore up neighborhoods. I'm not 100% sold on this location, but looking at google maps and understanding the intent of this specific cap, I do think this makes the most sense. Additionally if this interstate cap can be executed properly it could potentially be a catalyst for future interstate capping such as the one to connect downtown to midtown.

• Like 3