Davidson West: Bellevue, Bordeaux, Green Hills, MetroCenter, Nations, N Nashville

smeagolsfree

19 hours ago, smeagolsfree said:

FYI, the entire shopping center plus the site where the Metro police station is now was all under water during the 2010 flood.

...And the Pep Boys employees had to climb the ladder to the roof, in order to save themselves, during the rapidly intruding waters from adjacent Richland Creek.  It literally looked like "Lake Morrow" that Saturday ─ a real "Mayday", 5-1.

They looked like a pack of uniformed dogs on a bluff, as shown from the news footage probably shot from a boat.  Pep Boys  could be done away with as well, as far as I'm concerned, since they business now is limited to service only ─ no more retail.

• Like 1

Stateline (renovation/conversion of lumber warehouse to 2 story office/retail space) update.

Looking north from Centennial Blvd., 1/2 block east of California Ave:

Stateline, June 25, 2022, 1.jpeg

Looking NE from Centennial Blvd., just east of 54th Ave. North:

Stateline, June 25, 2022, 2.jpeg

Looking SE from surface lot behind Silo Studio:

Stateline, June 25, 2022, 3.jpeg

• Like 4

On 7/2/2022 at 1:42 PM, Bos2Nash said:

Light Green – Extend England Park under the interstate and fill up the flood plain area. Possibly have a small bridge across the creek to connect to the Greenway on the precinct property.

image.thumb.png.f94817e8d7bdf7218aa06ddebf5697d3.png

Good suggestions.  I’ll note that Richland Creek greenway currently does cross under I-40 there on the west side of the creek and terminates at the MNPD precinct property.    What is sorely needed IMO is a means of crossing the 4 lane Charlotte Pike.  Virtually impossible to cross on foot or bike in that area.     And it would not be a stretch to build a connecting greenway segment from Charlotte to the existing Richland greenway at McCabe golf course. 

The parts of the greenway that exist are nice but it’s just another example of how disjointed metro’s greenway system is.   Greenways that don’t actually connect people to anything are more akin to a park that you might drive to than a viable alternative means of transit.     

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, Bos2Nash said:

The big issue here is this would require dealing with ALOT of individual property owners that I sure would throw a minor temper tantrum with losing their "river front" status * eyeroll *.

I would guess these homeowners have property lines that extend to the middle of the stream. If the city wants to build a greenway through there, then the property owners would have to agree to compensation in exchange for that access. Why should they be expected to just give away their “riverfront status?” I would expect them to say “show me the MONEY!”

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, donNdonelson2 said:

I would guess these homeowners have property lines that extend to the middle of the stream. If the city wants to build a greenway through there, then the property owners would have to agree to compensation in exchange for that access. Why should they be expected to just give away their “riverfront status?” I would expect them to say “show me the MONEY!”

Correct, their property lines do. I'm not saying that there is some expectation that they would give away the land, Metro would have to purchase. What is challenging is the acquisition of a part of each and every parcel. It only takes one person to screw up the entire plan. My reference to "giving up their river front" is some people view fronting a creek/stream like this similarly to beachfront property and are less likely to give it up (via compensation). Metro could also limit their exposure here and possibly just go for an access easement (most likely a much smaller, one time payment) over the properties. This may even be simpler than trying to subdivide every parcel, which obviously has its own costs associated to it. This would allow the properties to maintain river front access and have a greenway on the property. Some homeowners may just ask for a fence to be built, which is much cheaper than buying the land outright. 

I do find it a bit off putting that the immediate reaction to my statement is taken as the government can just take land away, but clearly was a misunderstanding in how my words came across.

The .46 acre lot at 3718 West End Ave. has been purchased for $2.2 million by Richland Building Partners which plans either 5 free standing homes, or 6 brownstone townhomes to replace the 1 story brick house currently on the site. The previous wonder, Jerry Williams, had been contemplating a 3 story, 18 unit residential structure. 

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/residential-project-eyed-for-west-side/article_6ada8c72-fc9e-11ec-bc67-777e67a184a8.html

The home currently on the site:

3718 West End, July 6, 2022, site.png

This screen shot from Smeagolsfree's excellent development map shows the site highlighted in teal at the center of the frame:

3718 West End, July 6, 2022, site map.png

• Like 3
  • Sad 4

Edison Park (3 & 4 stories, 84 townhomes) update: all structures now topped out; a couple sections open.

Looking NW from intersection of New York Ave. and 57th Ave. North:

Edison, June 25, 2022, 1.jpeg

Looking west from New York Ave., 1/2 block west of 57th Ave. North:

Edison, June 25, 2022, 2.jpeg

Looking NE from California Ave., at 58th Ave. North:

Edison, June 25, 2022, 3.jpeg

Looking NW from intersection of California Ave. and 57th Ave. North:

Edison, June 25, 2022, 4.jpeg

• Like 2

1003-1009 West Trinity Lane will be a 3 story, 37 townhome project by Arnold Homes, who just purchased the site for $2.5 million from Norma Crow. JoshJohnson Architecture is in charge of design; Harpeth Civil will be in charge o engineering and land planning. An Oct. 2023 finish is planned. No rendering yet.

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/residential-project-eyed-for-site-near-river/article_393026e2-0143-11ed-a636-9ffd0635633c.html

This screen shot from Smeagolsfree's excellent development map shows the site highlighted in teal at t he center of the frame:

1003 West Trinity Lane, July 11, 2022, site map.png

• Thanks 1

808@Skyline (3 stories, 178 units) update: exteriors 90% complete.

Looking NW from Old Due West Ave., 1/3 block west of TriStar Skyline Drive:

808 @ Skyline, July 9, 2022, 1.jpeg

Looking NE from Old Due West Ave., 1/3 block west of TriStar Skyline Drive:

808 @ Skyline, July 9, 2022, 2.jpeg

Looking NE from Old Due West Ave., at TriStar Skyline Drive:

808 @ Skyline, July 9, 2022, 3.jpeg

Looking NW from Old Due West Ave., at TriStar Skyline Drive:

808 @ Skyline, July 9, 2022, 4.jpeg

Looking east from within complex:

808 @ Skyline, July 9, 2022, 5.jpeg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nash_12South said:

It appears that Chanel is coming to the Mall at Green Hills, per the morning building permits. I'll likely never foot in the store but it's a good "win " for the city's retail scene. 

Wow that and the state's first Yves Saint Laurent coming at the same time. Very impressive.

• Like 3