Davidson West: Bellevue, Bordeaux, Green Hills, MetroCenter, Nations, N Nashville

smeagolsfree

The 2.97 acre lot at 600 42nd Ave. North/4011 Delaware Ave. is up for sale at an undisclosed asking price. 

Buck Overby Construction Co., which operates from a building located on the property and specializes in concrete work, owns the site. The property is located in the Tomorrow’s Hope neighborhood east of The Nations and north of both Sylvan Park and Sylvan Heights.

Zoned for industrial use, the property is being marketed for redevelopment, with marketing materials noting it is located within a federally designated opportunity zone.

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/west-nashville-property-near-brewery-offered-for-sale/article_3a40302c-1e7b-11ed-9354-cffdb2e305c0.html

Screen Shot 2022-08-18 at 7.01.49 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-08-18 at 7.02.15 AM.png

• Like 4

1 hour ago, markhollin said:

The 2.97 acre lot at 600 42nd Ave. North/4011 Delaware Ave. is up for sale at an undisclosed asking price. 

Buck Overby Construction Co., which operates from a building located on the property and specializes in concrete work, owns the site. The property is located in the Tomorrow’s Hope neighborhood east of The Nations and north of both Sylvan Park and Sylvan Heights.

Zoned for industrial use, the property is being marketed for redevelopment, with marketing materials noting it is located within a federally designated opportunity zone.

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/west-nashville-property-near-brewery-offered-for-sale/article_3a40302c-1e7b-11ed-9354-cffdb2e305c0.html

Screen Shot 2022-08-18 at 7.01.49 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-08-18 at 7.02.15 AM.png

This whole area moving from light industrial to residential makes sense and will make the area feel safer. 

• Like 4

If a development there could reopen-and/or clean up the pedestrian path under the interstate next to the railroad tracks, that would be great.

You can just see it here https://goo.gl/maps/28HQSgc9ETGMrGGb9 but it's too overgrown to use and I think the new development on Alabama on the other side of the interstate blocked off the exit.

Edited by GregH
content
  • Like 3

I also think that's just not a best practice to restore that particular ped path, in general, even though the industrial switcher that uses that "team track" to Cockrill Bend Industrial runs just one round-trip daily ─ to and from Kayne yard.  It needs to be either a ped bridge (which likely is not justified) or it needs to be a gated RR crossing at Delaware.

I used to hang out over there back in '60s and '70s, and even then I always walked with gator eyes (wide open, peripheral) in that seedy district.  The tracks alone used to breed such activity, and I should know.

• Like 1

407 Great Circle Rd.  in MetroCenter will be the 15 acres site of a 300 unit residential complex w/ 7,500 sq. ft. of retail and 7,500 sq. ft. of restaurant space to be developed by Oldacre McDonald. The current 1 story HQ structure for Lipman Bothers Distributors will be razed and work begun in early 2023.  No architect announced, no renderings yet.

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/mixed-use-building-planned-for-metrocenter/article_e7fa9aba-1fe1-11ed-9f99-7b32c8786101.html

Screen Shot 2022-08-22 at 8.03.15 AM.png

This screen shot from Smeagolsfree's excellent development map shows the site highlighted in teal at the center of the frame:

Screen Shot 2022-08-22 at 8.02.45 AM.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, markhollin said:

407 Great Circle Rd.  in MetroCenter will be the 15 acres site of a 300 unit residential complex w/ 7,500 sq. ft. of retail and 7,500 sq. ft. of restaurant space to be developed by Oldacre McDonald. The current 1 story HQ structure for Lipman Bothers Distributors will be razed and work begun in early 2023.  No architect announced, no renderings yet.

300 units on 15 acres? Yikes. Even Haven had 300 units on around a tenth of the land. I know there's some background with it being Metrocenter, being so swampy and everything. But that still seems low.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, colemangaines said:

300 units on 15 acres? Yikes. Even Haven had 300 units on around a tenth of the land. I know there's some background with it being Metrocenter, being so swampy and everything. But that still seems low.

While yes this is a small unit count, it works out to exactly 20 units per acre. Haven had the benefit of being in the DTC which does not have a Floor to Area Ratio (FAR) which allowed the developer to pack the building area on to the site with only the height cap. This site is currently zoned IR (which allows multi-family without a rezone) which has a 0.60 FAR - which would allow for ±392,000 square feet - with a height of 45' at the setback and a stepback of 1.5 to 1. Factor in parking over here (1 space per unit up to 2 bedrooms and 1.5 spaces for units above that) we are looking at a garage for 360 cars while also having to maintain 65,340 square feet of pervious surface. 

My guess is Oldacre McDonald is not planning a rezone and is just going to build what is allowed by right and then around and sell for a nice profit. 

1 hour ago, smeagolsfree said:

Rezoning has already been done from IR to MUG-NS by planning late last year and already approved by Council.

There is also a Phase two planned for this development as well. Oldacre McDonald is already in process of design. 

I was confused as to why it was not on Parcel Viewer and that is because the zoning change is not done. Deferred to 10/04/22

image.png.13f7756c87f09d511d437648c08024c7.png

With a change to MUG-NS, 300 units really doesn't make sense from a biggest and best use of the site. A move to MUG-NS would allow almost 2 million square of FAR. The height cap is at 5 stories in 75' at the property line and a slope control plane of 1.5 to 1. Parking obviously still becomes an issue over here even if they are allowed to build that big. 

And just so everyone knows (in case you don't) the "-NS" at the end of the zoning policy means STR of any kind is prohibited

• Like 2

I thought it had passed as it was introduced such a long time ago. I don’t know why a council person would want to defer this with all of the other MUG’s being approved. I know why they do not want STR’s there and that is because of phase 2. When you look on the document it looks as if that will be Condominiums.

Phase 1 will have a 400 space 5 level parking garage and 194 surface space for a total of 594 spaces. The apartment building will be 4 stories. Lots in the plan that was not in the story. Not going tall here folks. They are well beyond 1.5 parking spaces per unit.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

TriStar Centennial will build an 11,100 sq. ft. 2 story emergency medical facility on the 3.4 acre empty lot at 7730-7734 Hwy. 70 South that will be open by March of 2024.

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/hca-seeks-emergency-medical-facility-in-bellevue/article_51fa4eb6-2252-11ed-bed5-c709f629702c.html

TriStar Centennial, Hwy 70 South, Aug 23, 2022, render.png

TriStar Centennial, Hwy 70 South, Aug 23, 2022, site.png

TriStar Centennial, Hwy 70 South, Aug 23, 2022, site map.png

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, markhollin said:

TriStar Centennial will build an 11,100 sq. ft. 2 story emergency medical facility on the 3.4 acre empty lot at 7730-7734 Hwy. 70 South that will be open by March of 2024.

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/hca-seeks-emergency-medical-facility-in-bellevue/article_51fa4eb6-2252-11ed-bed5-c709f629702c.html

That's in the 500-year floodplain. Maybe not the best location for an ER facility

On 8/15/2022 at 10:40 PM, BnaBreaker said:

So far as I can tell, yes, the sidewalks are still extremely patchy... I realize it's a work in progress, and that they're essentially trying to build a sidewalk network from scratch in a place where there was none before, but good grief, I wish the city would just come in and finish the job already. 

Here is a shot of Kentucky Avenue, which from a satellite image, appears to be one of the more "dense" sections of the neighborhood, but look at that sidewalk situation.  What is going on here?  

https://goo.gl/maps/ViUotCnxAHHci51UA

not only that, but there is a section of that street that is essentially a one-way, with cars being parked on both sides and the roadway being so narrow. There is plenty of space to widen the road to accommodate two-way traffic, but I do not expect that to ever happen.

• Like 1

Quite an "original-sounding naming choice  ─ "Green Hills Station".

They make it sound as if it were some transit-oriented development with a train or something.  And "Green Hills" in the name is more than trite; they should've called it "The Shax at Lone Oak" or something.  I pass this thing about 8 times a week.  It's right in the path of a formerly proposed realignment of Shackleford and Richard Jones Rd.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

A 4.3 acre undeveloped lot at 3600 Abbott Martin Rd. in Green Hills has been purchased for $4 million  by an LLC associated with homebuilder Mike Spceciale/MKD Group Ventures out of Austin.

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/austin-homebuilder-buys-green-hills-site/article_f4eeffc0-27bd-11ed-864c-fbdaf063fd97.html

Screen Shot 2022-08-30 at 8.06.01 AM.png

• Thanks 2

On 8/26/2022 at 12:38 PM, ThunderOne said:

not only that, but there is a section of that street that is essentially a one-way, with cars being parked on both sides and the roadway being so narrow. There is plenty of space to widen the road to accommodate two-way traffic, but I do not expect that to ever happen.

I think it is perfect the way it is. Folks just need to drive slow on these residential streets and move to the side when another car is coming? One could argue that the narrower street makes for slower traffic which is perfect for a residential neighborhood.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, samsonh said:

@Bos2Nashcan you explain to me the zoning change before council on 5604 and 5700 Centennial Blvd? Looks like they want to go slightly bigger than current zoning allows, is that correct?

According to the application they are looking for a rezone to MUI-A, which is the most intense version of Mixed-Use in the municipal code. This would allow for 15 floors and an FAR of 5.00 (or ±335,412 SF). I don't think the market would support 15 floors, but being able to pack a larger floor plate on to the site may be the goal of the developer. The Planning Commission heard the rezone on 6/23 and disapproved of the MUI-A request and offered a counter of MUL-A which is four stories (consistent with recent built height in the area) and an FAR of 1.0 (or ±67,080 SF). There are a number of reasons why the developer may be asking for bigger beyond height or area. Maybe they are looking for the land entitlements to flip the property? They could have a CM in their corner that is saying they could force it through council? 

The Community Character Plan calls for the MUL-A as the most aggressive zoning policy outside of an SP approach (which is scattered all over the Nations), so I am not really sure what the thought is. 

• Like 1