Davidson West: Bellevue, Bordeaux, Green Hills, MetroCenter, Nations, N Nashville

smeagolsfree

On 10/12/2022 at 4:33 AM, markhollin said:

Breeze Block (conversion of former industrial structure to commercial, plus 24 three story townhomes, and 2 story office structure) update: townhomes topped-out; cladding underway on new 2 story commercial/office building.

Looking SW from Vernon Ave., just south of Nashua Ave:

Breeze Block, Oct 8, 2022, 1.jpeg

Looking west from Vernon Ave., 1/2 block south of Nashua Ave:

Breeze Block, Oct 8, 2022, 2.jpeg

Looking SW from Vernon Ave., 1/4 block north of Robertson Ave:

Breeze Block, Oct 8, 2022, 3.jpeg

Looking NW from Robertson Ave. at Vernon Ave:

Breeze Block, Oct 8, 2022, 4.jpeg

Looking NE from Robertson Ave., 1/8 block west of Vernon Ave:

Breeze Block, Oct 8, 2022, 5.jpeg

Looking NE from Robertson Ave., 1/4 block west of Vernon Ave:

Breeze Block, Oct 8, 2022, 6.jpeg

Vernon Ave has already become a nightmare at this spot. With cars parked on just one side of the street it's a one-way street at that point, and people basically have to drive into the yards across the street to get out of the way. Once again I notify Hub nashville about a couple solutions and they basically tell me to kick rocks.

Edited by ThunderOne
  • Sad 1

Villa Maria Manor, a retirement home complex operated by the Catholic Church, is looking to expand with a new 214 unit structure (perhaps 6 - 8 stories) on their current site at 30 White Bridge Rd..  It would be in the space between the two existing 8 story buildings. Previously there had been a 1 story administration structure there that was razed last year.  The Diocese of Nashville has hired Catalyst Design Group to do engineering and land planning.  No renderings. yet.

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/west-nashville-catholic-property-could-see-addition/article_bed1639e-4e4e-11ed-b195-6792640a6f29.html

The site for the new structure would be where the T-shaped building is shows from a few years ago (it has since been razed):

Screen Shot 2022-10-17 at 5.02.13 PM.png

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Nash_12South said:

I’m really curious as to how soon the road realignment will occur after the new CVS opens. Hopefully soon. 

Good concern.

I wouldn't in the least be surprised if it (the realignment) has yet to become prioritized for funding, much less as next in line.  Wishing and hoping I'm wrong, but we've all "been there, done seen that" ─ how projects of that nature and proposed some 8 years ago seem to evolve toward the back of the line.  I concede that I've become too much of a pessimist with lost confidence in Metro, as I've aged, and that's just me.  One thing we probably can be safely assured of is that no new structure will be built at the old CVS, which many years ago had been SuperX Drugs.

5 hours ago, UrbanWes03 said:

Wish a tower could’ve replaced this and it just be placed at the bottom. That just happened on The Strip at UTK for us. 

Right?  They could have at least followed the Green Hills design trend built it up to the street.  This reminds me of that damned Walgreen's right smack dab in the middle of the strip in the Northshore neighborhood of Chattanooga.  

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, BnaBreaker said:

Right?  They could have at least followed the Green Hills design trend built it up to the street.  This reminds me of that damned Walgreen's right smack dab in the middle of the strip in the Northshore neighborhood of Chattanooga.  

And I miss taking my family to the old Town and Country that used to be there. It was nothing special, but it was an old world "booth" style of restaurant with standard items on the menu and sweet waitresses with hair pinned under their white caps who called me "honey".  Somethings supercede the taste of grease. Plus, there was the old adjacent "Bridgetender" bar where I could go and get my bourbon on rocks, come back to the table and tell the kids it was my Coke. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

52 minutes ago, MLBrumby said:

And I miss taking my family to the old Town and Country that used to be there. It was nothing special, but it was an old world "booth" style of restaurant with standard items on the menu and sweet waitresses with hair pinned under their white caps who called me "honey".  Somethings supercede the taste of grease. Plus, there was the old adjacent "Bridgetender" bar where I could go and get my bourbon on rocks, come back to the table and tell the kids it was my Coke. 

Goodness, I hate it even more now!  I didn't even realize it had replaced a uniquely local gathering place!  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BnaBreaker said:

Goodness, I hate it even more now!  I didn't even realize it had replaced a uniquely local gathering place!  

Yes.. unfortunately, it was a building that was built up to the sidewalk too and had a great neon sign above it.  See pics below.  It had parking in the back and an old style porte-cochere where I'd drop the family off in our minivan when it was raining. 

Scaffold Signs | RoadsideArchitecture.com

Remembering Chattanooga Restaurants From Days Gone By - Chattavore

You can see it at the corner beyond the Fleetwood sign. 

Remember when, Chattanooga? Look for former North Chattanooga landmarks ...

This is from the back parking lot looking toward the southwest. 

Lookout Mountain resident keeps old friends connected with Christmas ...

Looking toward the Northwest from Frazier Avenue. This was before the expansion to the corner of Market & Frazier was built. You can see the black car parked where it was expanded soon after this picture was taken.

As seen in 1955, the Town and Country Restaurant and Kathryne Parker's ...

Pin on "Old" Chattanooga

And here is an older pic of the dining room, updated by the late 1990s.  My family of seven (small kids) all fit in one of those booths!  LOL  

1955 North Market at Frazier & Cherokee

Edited by MLBrumby
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

On 10/9/2022 at 6:12 AM, markhollin said:

Stateline at 5300 Centennial Blvd. (repurposing and addition to 2 story former lumber warehouse into office/commercial space) update: superstructure for addition along Centennial Blvd. complete.

Looking NW from Centennial Blvd. 1/2 block east of California Ave:

Stateline, Oct 8, 2022, 1.jpeg

Looking north from Centennial Blvd. at California Ave:

Stateline, Oct 8, 2022, 2.jpeg

I use to work there years ago....Its crazy to see how things changed!!! I drunk a many beers there after work, right on that street. lol

• Like 2

I don't have a photo (yet) but demolition of the P&S Transportation building at 1300 51st Ave (in the lot surrounding 51st Deli) is almost complete. Have there been any updates on what Camden is planning there since they bought the land from LC?

Edited by AsianintheNations

8 hours ago, AsianintheNations said:

I don't have a photo (yet) but demolition of the P&S Transportation building at 1300 51st Ave (in the lot surrounding 51st Deli) is almost complete. Have there been any updates on what Camden is planning there since they bought the land from LC?

I think but not sure the plan is the same.

• Like 1