Davidson West: Bellevue, Bordeaux, Green Hills, MetroCenter, Nations, N Nashville

smeagolsfree

On 10/27/2022 at 4:44 PM, nashmoney said:

These are currently affordable housing/ section 8 apartments. Wonder if the new developer will include some kind of affordable units below market rate. This flew under the the radar unlike the complex off of Dickerson Rd. 

Screenshot_20221027-174011_Chrome.jpg

If they re going for an SP I would expect for a conversation around replacing the existing units. Depending on when the Section 8 contract expires there is different hurdles involved, but similar to both Riverchase and the Berkshire redevelopment at Porter/Cahal in East those affordable units are at least discussed. 

On 11/1/2022 at 8:21 AM, markhollin said:

A block-long group of parcels making up. 81 acre from 1001-1015 Buchanan St. has been purchased for $1.75 million by Grounded Development LLC that includes Bert Mathews of The Mathews Company, along with real estate investor Kelly  and architect Gina Emmanuel. Matthews said the three are not ready to disclose the future plans for the site. Included on the land are several uniquely shaped structures built from 1920 to 1960 .  Will be interesting to see if they incorporate some or all these buildings in the plans (about half of the site is empty land between the structures).

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/local-investors-pay-1-75m-for-buchanan-street-property/article_5019218a-5966-11ed-945e-af5729a157e6.html

My favorite is 1015 Buchanan, built in 1920:

1015 Buchanan, Nov 1, 2022, 1 x.png

1015 Buchanan, Nov 1, 2022, 2 x.png

1001-1003 Buchanan was built in 1960 (left side) and 1935 (right side):

1001-1003 Buchanan, Nov 1, 2022 x.png

I really like the investment Centric Architecture and those associated with them have made him this neighborhood. I also follow the company Maple Built on instagram and they do some really great work, including providing some furniture for Centric’s new office. Hopefully something nice goes here.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Ascent Apartments (3 stories? ten buildings with 240 units) update: massive retaining wall built into hillside is finished along Brick Church Pike.

Looking SE along Brick Church Pike at I-24 overpass:

Ascent, Oct 30, 2022, 1.jpeg

Looking east from Brick Church Pike1/3 block south of I-24 overpass:

Ascent, Oct 30, 2022, 2.jpeg

A couple of views from within the complex:

Ascent, Oct 30, 2022, 3.jpeg

Ascent, Oct 30, 2022, 4.jpeg

• Like 4

Looks as if there is a major stormwater sewer project in the works for the Nations to be done in phases.

Click on plan and app.

Application Submittal 11/10/2022
MPC Agenda Date Administative Approval - Not Applicable
Administrative Approval Yes
Case # 2022M-047AG-001
Ordinance #  
Previous Ordinance #'s  
Associated Case #  
Associated Bond #  
Reviewer FRONT COUNTER
Application Name NATION AREA STORMWATER IMPROVEMENT PROJECT PARTICIPATION AGREEMENT
Application Type Mandatory Referral Agreement
Application Scope A request for the approval for this agreement entered into by and between ECG 49TN, LLC., hereinafter known as "Developer”, and The Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County acting through the Metropolitan Department of Water and Sewerage Services, hereinafter known as "METRO". Metro desires to make stormwater infrastructure improvements based on the State Street North Stormwater Management Study (Study Area) of the 697 acre drainage basin in the West Nashville area known as the Nations; which is a ; ; portion of the Richland Creek basin and ultimately discharges to the Cumberland River.
Scanned Application View Scanned Application
Scanned Plans View Scanned Plan
Property Address / Location 1200 B 49TH AVE N 37209
Applicant Metro Water Services Peggy Deaner 615-862-4502 [email protected]
Property Owner  
Councilmember 20 (Mary Carolyn Roberts)
School Board Member 05 (Christiane Buggs)
  • Like 3

We need a Tour-caliber (or, I guess, LIV-caliber) course in the Nashville area. I'm not sure we have one without renovation and/or manipulating grass length.

I thought maybe the Governor's Club, but its course rating off the championship tees is about 74. NGAC (which hosted Korn Ferry tour or Web.com or whatever it's called) is 75. For comparison, TPC Southwind in Memphis is 76 and the St. Jude is generally a low-scoring tournament.

Of course I don't think we would get a Tour date with an established one in Memphis.