Davidson West: Bellevue, Bordeaux, Green Hills, MetroCenter, Nations, N Nashville

smeagolsfree

Alta Riverwalk in MetroCenter has just been sold by Wood Partners to HHHunt Corp.out of Blacksburg, VA for $106 million, which works out to $348,684 per unit for the 304 apartments. It will now be known as Abberly Riverwalk.

More at NBJ here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2023/02/10/wood-partners-sells-alta-riverwalk-hhhunt-corp.html

Screen Shot 2023-02-10 at 2.20.12 PM.png

• Like 2

On 12/23/2022 at 12:00 PM, PruneTracy said:

We actually did an analysis on the length of this ramp several years ago as part of a study on ramp metering and in theory sitting still from the start of the ramp you should be able to accelerate to highway speeds with 30 feet to spare. I agree that it's short, though it's fun to floor it and go Dukes of Hazzard off the hill.

Now add in a semi truck that isn't able to merge in 2.5 seconds and lmk how that works out for the person trying to get onto the highway! Downright terrifying. This ramp basically requires the braking and acceleration capabilities of a Corvette.  TDOT needs to chill with the "theory" and start facing "reality"

Edited by ThunderOne

On 1/18/2023 at 9:42 AM, Archibum said:

What a nice solid, 8 foot tall, block long, wooden fence

I've seen several cars get T-boned at the intersection where Ohio, 56th, and Centennial all meet.  There is essentially no visibility looking west onto Centennial from Ohio/56th and pulling out requires a leap of faith.

I told NDOT about it, they just stuck a sign up on Centennial saying to "watch out" LOL. The fence, if this rendering is accurate, is not going to help wrecks here. 

Edited by ThunderOne

On 1/29/2023 at 10:39 PM, AsianintheNations said:

The Nashville Post article about Arcade on Vernon back in 2020 also mentioned "a trail to connect West Park to Charlotte Park Annex via The Annex with a future Metro greenway." Does anyone know if there are still plans for this, and if so where it'd go? I can't tell if that is meant to be a pedestrian bridge over Richland Creek + Briley, or just a real sidewalk along James Ave on the existing bridge (which would still be amazing).

Wish I could find out the information on that as well. If you hear anything, let me know.

Nevermind, I see it was posted about now. Catching up on what I missed and see a lot of people spoke for me on the other topics as well lol

Edited by ThunderOne

3 hours ago, ThunderOne said:

I've seen several cars get T-boned at the intersection where Ohio, 56th, and Centennial all meet.  There is essentially no visibility looking west onto Centennial from Ohio/56th and pulling out requires a leap of faith.

I told NDOT about it, they just stuck a sign up on Centennial saying to "watch out" LOL. The fence, if this rendering is accurate, is not going to help wrecks here. 

Yeah, this will never happen, but Ohio Ave should be disconnected from Centennial entirely, and instead 60th Ave N should be extended to meet Centennial right across from the Alta Union entrance, which would be nearly a right angle and create a nice axis between the new apartments and West Park. To the best of my understanding, the reason for 60th's awkward bend onto Ohio Ave was because of the rail spur that is now mostly but not entirely paved over (see blue arrow on map from 1952 below):

image.png.2b47a77fcc5fdf083d7fcbd29b7548ab.png

I looked at an even older map from 1932, and said rail spur seemed to loop back all the way to Charlotte Ave, but must have been progressively truncated over time.

As for the greenway across Richland Creek that you replied about in a separate post, I would be happy with a sidewalk across James Ave that would accomplish the same. But that project is marked as on hold with estimated start date of 2025 on the sidewalk project map - yikes. Apparently due to some utility issue. In the meantime, will have to continue walking/running in the shoulder and hope nothing happens!

• Like 4

On 2/10/2023 at 8:21 PM, AsianintheNations said:

Yeah, this will never happen, but Ohio Ave should be disconnected from Centennial entirely, and instead 60th Ave N should be extended to meet Centennial right across from the Alta Union entrance, which would be nearly a right angle and create a nice axis between the new apartments and West Park. To the best of my understanding, the reason for 60th's awkward bend onto Ohio Ave was because of the rail spur that is now mostly but not entirely paved over (see blue arrow on map from 1952 below):

image.png.2b47a77fcc5fdf083d7fcbd29b7548ab.png

I looked at an even older map from 1932, and said rail spur seemed to loop back all the way to Charlotte Ave, but must have been progressively truncated over time.

As for the greenway across Richland Creek that you replied about in a separate post, I would be happy with a sidewalk across James Ave that would accomplish the same. But that project is marked as on hold with estimated start date of 2025 on the sidewalk project map - yikes. Apparently due to some utility issue. In the meantime, will have to continue walking/running in the shoulder and hope nothing happens!

I do think they could put some plastic dividers similar to what is on 51st up on James on the bridge over briley at the very least, and put a small sidewalk section from there to Morrow.  Not sure if that is the idea there.

Edited by ThunderOne
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just saw on Nextdoor that 711 51st Ave (the commercial building with a ton of hydraulic vehicles parked next to Sherwin Williams in the Nations) was sold last month for just shy of $2 million. Any news on whether anything might be happening there? At a glance in Parcel Viewer, the house listed as the new mailing address was also sold in the last few months to the same family, but that's about all I can find.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, AsianintheNations said:

Just saw on Nextdoor that 711 51st Ave (the commercial building with a ton of hydraulic vehicles parked next to Sherwin Williams in the Nations) was sold last month for just shy of $2 million. Any news on whether anything might be happening there? At a glance in Parcel Viewer, the house listed as the new mailing address was also sold in the last few months to the same family, but that's about all I can find.

No permits at this time from what I have seen.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Boybugle63 said:

I laugh each time I drive by the location when looking at the end unit closes to Franklin Road  .  Who in their right mind would buy a home facing a Gas Station Sign?  LOL  Witness close up daily changing gas prices!  Goodness!  

image.thumb.png.f058fac30c42a1a5c2023ccca8a140fd.png

The party crowd who rents the STR won’t care if there’s a gas station next door. Heck, that means snacks and beer are near. (My guess some or all of these units end up as rentals, whether they be long term or Airbnb. Only a guess, mind you.)

Edited by donNdonelson2
  • Like 2

It looks like Williams Sonoma is building out their new space (beside Pottery Barn) in Hill Center just down the street from their current location at the Mall at Green Hills. I noticed a building permit pulled to subdivide their current location.  In my opinion, a little bit of a blow to the Mall as the store is a big draw. 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, chc3 said:

It’s part of a trend away from malls to the outside.

Well, I don't disagree, but I like the backstory, that I've heard, on part of the reasoning for their leaving. I was told, that Pottery Barn was asked to leave the Mall at Green Hills, way back, when they built their Cool Springs store as previous mall owners only wanted "unique" stores in the mall. Pottery Barn was not happy and wanted to pull Williams Sonoma from Green Hills immediately but cooler heads (and a lease and no other locations) slowed the process down. Admittedly gossip, but gossip I trusted.  I do agree with the trend away from Malls.   

• Like 4